AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Down Rogue Isometric Items

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TRdesigner82
328 Views, 3 Replies

Tracking Down Rogue Isometric Items

Are there any tips/tricks to tracking down rogue items on an Isometric dwg? I've been searching for a particular weld all morning. When I run an iso of my line, I get to good sheets and a third that only has a weld on it. I can't track it down to be able to delete/fix the issue. Any help or tips on how to track this stuff down would be great. I've already been using the Data Manager with some success but there has to be an easier way...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: TRdesigner82

I'm guessing here. The weld probably has the same line number, but is not connected to any piping. Perhaps you have two welds right on top of each other (which shouldn't happen, but maybe it is).

Assuming you're using layer by line number, I'd turn off all the layers except the one with the line on it and see if there are any stray welds.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: TRdesigner82

- Does the Iso show the coordinates? You can pinpoint it if so.

- Sometimes the line group number and the connector subpart line tag gets disconnected. A project audit / compress may help.

Message 4 of 4
EricNyh
in reply to: jabowabo

@jabowabo wrote:

- Does the Iso show the coordinates? You can pinpoint it if so.

In the "De-Mystifying AutoCAD Plant 3D Isometrics" document, they describe how to create a new iso them which turns coords on for ALL objects.  I've done this and it works real good at finding these stray welds and such.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost