AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscript in off page conector

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
WIEHAN
12545 Views, 2 Replies

Subscript in off page conector

Hi I am in a hot spot i require assistance in editing a off page conector

i have a off page conector that i have to type in a chemical name h2so4 with the 2 and the 4 in subscript

how do i do this

PLEASE HELP!!!  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Asimo5000
in reply to: WIEHAN

There would be no real way to do this, since the object is based on attributes and isn't behaving like MTEXT box

What you could do is:

Create your offpage connector, connect to DWG as required.

Place an offpage connector in open area, explode it. Now the fields/attributes become editable. Overlap this text over the existing, connected one and you may perform your MTEXT edits and stack the super/subscripts.

Another method would be to create two properties assigned to the Off Page Connector class, under P&ID Class settings, Non Engineering. And call them "Subscript" and "Superscript", string.

Then edit the block for your Off Page Connector, click on the #(. ) define attributes. Place one somewhere, browse to your newly created field.
 Make the text size small on this and place it in a spot that would be relevant. (I understand this is a very impractical solution to your issue where it would need to be placed between other characters). Alternatively just type  #(TargetObject.Subscript)

Message 3 of 3
WIEHAN
in reply to: Asimo5000

Thank you for your reply resolved the problem

Solution was to change my text style to one that supports Unicode (ariel Unicode ms) then used the Unicode for subscript(\u+2084) this works 100% and my off page conector keeps its intelligence

Wiehan Louw
Design Draughtperson - Tenova Bateman Technologies
Mining & Minerals Division

Please note that the Tenova Group has adopted a new e-mail domain (@tenova.com). I kindly ask you to update your contact records accordingly.

[Tenova]

Tenova: advanced technologies for the metals and mining industries
Visit our website at www.tenova.com

Confidentiality Notice : This message, together with its attachments, contains strictly confidential information and is intended only for the addressee identified above, who is the sole party authorized to use and copy it and, assuming any related liability , to forward it to others. Anyone receiving this message by mistake or reading it without authorization is hereby notified that storage, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the message to persons other than the addressee is strictly forbidden. They are asked to return the message immediately to the sender and to erase the original message received.
Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost