AutoCAD Plant 3D General

jgran
Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)

Square piping in Plant 3d 2013

297 Views, 4 Replies
03-28-2013 10:59 AM

I am new to Plant 3D and I am looking to see if there is way to create a pipe with elbows, tees, laterals, etc. using HSS tubing specifications, if it doesn't already exist.  If this spec already exists, I do not know where to look.  The pipe will use gravity to move material. 

All help is appreciated.

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 2 of 5 (276 Views)

Re: Square piping in Plant 3d 2013

03-28-2013 06:52 PM in reply to: jgran
Square piping, where required ?
Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 3 of 5 (230 Views)

03-31-2013 01:08 AM in reply to: jgran

Well,

If I am correct right now the square profile tubes and fittings are not part of the parametric shapes of the cataloges. I found something though, like bent box vent elbow. But that is not enough to build a proper pipe spec.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)

03-31-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

For cable trays I used Structural Catalogs which is posible edit with SQL editor for create the dimension which you want. But I hope that in AutoCAD Plant3D 2015 this function will be avaible...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
jgran
Message 5 of 5 (204 Views)

04-01-2013 07:46 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Arun_Kumar_K wrote:
Square piping, where required ?

I don't understand your question.  If you are asking where would square piping be required, such as in any code, no where.  Where is it being requested?  From one of my clients.  They use it to transfer dry material using gravity, e.g. a chute.  I am unsure why it is used, but they do, it works for them....I can't question it.

I was thinking the p3d specification system would be smart enough to allow any shpae "tube" be considered a pipe.  The connections are mitered and welded, which would be an approved ASME change of direction.  It looks like I will be using Inventor and bringing it into p3d...or just doing it there.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community