AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square piping in Plant 3d 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jgran
820 Views, 4 Replies

Square piping in Plant 3d 2013

I am new to Plant 3D and I am looking to see if there is way to create a pipe with elbows, tees, laterals, etc. using HSS tubing specifications, if it doesn't already exist.  If this spec already exists, I do not know where to look.  The pipe will use gravity to move material. 

All help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: jgran

Square piping, where required ?
Message 3 of 5
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: jgran

Well,

If I am correct right now the square profile tubes and fittings are not part of the parametric shapes of the cataloges. I found something though, like bent box vent elbow. But that is not enough to build a proper pipe spec.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 4 of 5
ybogdanov
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

For cable trays I used Structural Catalogs which is posible edit with SQL editor for create the dimension which you want. But I hope that in AutoCAD Plant3D 2015 this function will be avaible...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 5 of 5
jgran
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Arun_Kumar_K wrote:
Square piping, where required ?

I don't understand your question.  If you are asking where would square piping be required, such as in any code, no where.  Where is it being requested?  From one of my clients.  They use it to transfer dry material using gravity, e.g. a chute.  I am unsure why it is used, but they do, it works for them....I can't question it.

I was thinking the p3d specification system would be smart enough to allow any shpae "tube" be considered a pipe.  The connections are mitered and welded, which would be an approved ASME change of direction.  It looks like I will be using Inventor and bringing it into p3d...or just doing it there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost