AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spec Palette refresh speed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tmccar
1082 Views, 6 Replies

Spec Palette refresh speed

I change pipe specs in my project many times a day and I find that it takes a long time for the spec palette to refresh. Is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tmccar
in reply to: tmccar

Anyone from Autodesk reading this? Even if you could say, "we are aware of this but don't have a fix for it as yet", that would be helpful. Surely this has been brought up before?

Message 3 of 7
rchiasson

How long is it taking to refresh? There is a bit of delay while it loads the palette, but when I change specs it only takes about a second after changing the spec in the pull down to the palette loading.

Message 4 of 7
tmccar
in reply to: rchiasson

About 30 seconds. It may not seem a lot but when you are changing frequently, it can be frustrating.

Message 5 of 7
dave.wolfe

I recommend disabling the spec tool palette using PLANTDYNAMICTOOLPALETTE, and running using the spec viewer instead.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 7
rchiasson
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Agreed

Message 7 of 7
JarrodMudford
in reply to: rchiasson

The tool palette is being built from the spec. Most likely the spec is on the network server. If there is a slow network connection, then it can take a bit longer. Have seen on many occasions that the anti virus software is scanning as it is reading the spec from the server.
Specs on a local machine should only take a second or so to build the tool palette, as long as there is no anti virus scanning.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost