AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spec Editor Parametric Component Addition

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nihanisbil
857 Views, 3 Replies

Spec Editor Parametric Component Addition

Hi,

I am trying to create my own catalog on the spec editor. 

When the "Parametric Graphics" of the Plant 3D Software is not enough for me; how can i create new 3D parametric component by myself and add it to my catalog?

For example, i'd like to use a valve shape that is not similar with the Plant 3D default "Parametric Graphics". I don't want to create all of the shapes for each size. (I mean i don't want to "Add Shape" for each size)

I want to identify each parametric value (for exapmle length) and then export the information to Catalog Builder Excel and change the parametric values for each size. Is that possible?

Best; 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: nihanisbil

Message 3 of 4
nihanisbil
in reply to: jabowabo

Hi jabowabo,

Thank you for the quick reply. But I think scripting is a little bit advanced for me. 

I can create 2D parametric blocks on the basic AutoCAD. I'm wondering, whether I can do this for 3D parts or not. 

I'd like to download a custom 3D block, (1 block) and identify some parametric values for it; then add it as custom Plant 3D parametric graphic and use it for several diameters. 

Best;

Message 4 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: nihanisbil

Unfortunately, I think scripting is the only option to create your own parametric shapes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost