AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spec Editor - Edit Long Description Styles Bug

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
awerning
1106 Views, 9 Replies

Spec Editor - Edit Long Description Styles Bug

It appears that in the "Edit Long Description Styles" dialog box of the Spec Editor for Plant 2012 I can make any desired changes, BUT I cannot use the "Apply" or "OK" buttons.  The only option is to use the "Cancel" button to get out of that dialog no matter if I make changes or not.  Since the "Cancel" is the only way out, no changes are ever saved and this renders this function useless in this build.

Can anyone verify these results?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ybogdanov
in reply to: awerning

In my spec editor all work correctly, bottoms "Accept" and "OK" usually are active:Sin título.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 10
awerning

Are you certain this is for the NEW version 2012?  Mine work just fine in 2011 but does NOT work in 2012.  Also, My buttons are active all the same, they just don't do anything when clicked on.  If you truly have verified this then maybe it is a difference in the English version (although, being a programmer myself, I can't see how that would affect it).  Can someone using the English version of 2012 please verify.

Message 4 of 10
ybogdanov

My version of Plant3D is English and it is 2012. It work correctly...

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 5 of 10
aaron_werning

Well...there are some very foreign words in your screen print there...just saying.  I understand you install may be English...but obviously something is different, because I don't see those foreign words in my application.  Smiley Wink

Anyone else?

Message 6 of 10
ybogdanov
in reply to: aaron_werning

I only was created new long description style with the name "Personalizado" and change the prefix to "Proba", other things are english... Don't exist another version of Plant3D, there is only English Smiley Wink

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 7 of 10
awerning

Are you using Win7 64bit OS?

Message 8 of 10
RSFAdsk

Hello,

I also experience this issue.  The 2012 default path of C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 - English\R18.2\enu\SpecEditor\LDStyles requires administrative rights to write to (image attached).  If you right-click the spec editor icon and Run as Administrator you should then be able to write to the folder.

In 2011 we required Administrative privileges to run the spec editor.  In 2012 we do not, but certain operations (for example: Spec Migration or Modify Shared Content Folder, and plantmodifysharredcontentfolder) still require it.  There should be a notification for this situation, but there is none.  I'll log this issue if it is not known.  Thank you for posting about this issue.

...One thing you can do is right-click the icon, and set the properties to always [x] Run as administrator (image attached).

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
RSFAdsk

@awerning wrote:

Are you using Win7 64bit OS?

In my test situation, yes.  And I notice on Vista 32 I do not have this issue.  So the error looks like it is OS specific.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 10
JRPalmer
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Currently I cann not import specs from Excel to Spec Editor. I tried running as adminstrator, but that does not seem to work.

For importing specs from Excel to Spec editor this is what  do (which is what I did for the 2011 version)

Export the files to a folder on my c drive

modify the specs

import it back to spec editor

accept all changes (everything stays yellow) while having ASME Pipe and fittings Catalog open

clicked apply

clicked ok

nothing happens

save it as a new file so I do not destroy ASME Pipe and fittings

I did not have it open as adminstrator when I exporting the specs, but I was running as an adminstrator when I imported the files.

Is there some step I am missing?

Is it like ISOmetric creation where my spec has to be called the exact same thing as AutoCADs?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost