AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spade & Spacer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vannmannen
1186 Views, 4 Replies

Spade & Spacer

When placing a SPADE between 2 flanges, I need the BOM to show the SPADE aswell.

Is there a set-up in the spec editor for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan.Scales
in reply to: vannmannen

Hi,

If the SPADE has been inserted in the model it should be listed in the BOM using the Long Description (Family) name. It does also require an Iso Symbol Type and Iso Symbol SKEY.

If you look at the Paddle Blind in the ASME Pipes and Fitting catalog you will see how it is setup for that.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 5
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Dan.Scales

I believe he is looking for two objects in the BOM.

Unlike a Paddle Blind the Spade also comes with a spacer therefore he needs to have two objects listed in the BOM, the spade itself and the spacer. It is used on larger diameter pipes, normally the spacer would be assembled in the pipe line with the spade been kept in storage until required.

Previously in CadWorx I created a very thin Gasket object and renamed it as the paddle blind, this way it does not show up on the Isometric but still appears in the BOM.

How would we show this in Plant 3D

Message 4 of 5
vannmannen

Correct Patrick: when you place the SPACER I need the SPADE to come up in the MTO automatically as you always purchase these as a set.

The quick-fix solution of placing a thin gasket will of course work but that is not the way it should be done.

The program should place 2 components where 1 of them has thickness of 0mm. This would give you 2 items in the BOM but no deviation in the face-to-face dimensions.

Message 5 of 5
Dan.Scales

Hi,

For now I think you will need to go with the workaround.

I will log a feature enhancement wish with our developers for the functionality you need.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost