AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size Paramaters Not Being Held In Spec Editor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TRdesigner82
484 Views, 5 Replies

Size Paramaters Not Being Held In Spec Editor

I created a new elbow and now I'm trying to edit the size parameters. If I edit all the values in the Advanced Editing Table, the hit the Save to Catalog button, the values aren't saved, they go back to the values that they were when they were created, I think its Metric. Has anyone had this happen to them? is there a way to fix this? I tried modifing just one size through the menu and it did the same thing too. I don't know of any other way to change these values. Please help....

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rchiasson
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Are the catalogs on the server? Verify you have write access to the location the catalogs are stored at.

Message 3 of 6
TRdesigner82
in reply to: rchiasson

I do have access to the catalogs. I can modify other components in the catalog. These components were created through the Catalog Builder.

Message 4 of 6
shallmark

Did you find a solution to this?

Autodesk© Inventor© 2013 Certified Professional
My Plant 3D Notes
ActsOneEight
Message 5 of 6
TRdesigner82
in reply to: shallmark

I don't remember exactly what I was working on at the time or I would go back and double check. I think I had 2 copies of the same catalog and when I modified one, then went back to open it, I opened the wronge one. I think it was something stupid like that. Look for something obvious that you might be overlooking...

Message 6 of 6
shallmark

Here's what I found out.  I am writing a python script for a new hanger.  I added the item to the catalog and to the spec so that I can easily test it.  I then realized i needed an additional 3 parameters in my script so I added them.  The script worked fine and it was inserting right into the model from the supports tool palette.  After adding the 3 parameters into the script, i found out that those are the 3 I cannot change in the Spec Editor.  SO... I deleted the item from the catalog and created it again and now all of my params are editable.

So, the solution is this:

Don't add a new item to the catalog unless you are sure all params are in the script, otherwise added parameters after created in the catalog will not be able to be changed in Spec Editor.

I did this 2 times to make sure this was the issue and indeed it was.

Hope this helps!

Autodesk© Inventor© 2013 Certified Professional
My Plant 3D Notes
ActsOneEight

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost