AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting specific object data from a drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
normad
246 Views, 1 Reply

Selecting specific object data from a drawing

Hi,

I am fairly new to autocad and ive been given to modify a set of PnID drawings. I am to replace all butterfly valves in those drawings with gate valves.

But the problem with the drawing is the existing butterfly valves are not Blocks. They are just hand drawn and copy-pasted in each location. Therefore i cannot do a block replace. And the thought of doing it manually makes me want to quit the job Man Sad I'll have to literally do it thousands of times.

So is there any way that i can automate this process. Ive been searching around for quite some time. And i was wondering if its possible to create an object class for one instance of the copy-pasted butterfly valve and then make it apply to the whole drawing. As in somehow to convert the similar object data into blocks so that i can do a block replace.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated..

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
normad
in reply to: normad

ok i have an idea but i donno if its possible.. if it is possible to access the autocad database through lisp would all the wires of the butterfly valve be adjucent because they were created at the same instant(through copy and paste) and can i use that to group them into a block through lisp?

please guys.. any input is much appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost