AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server to SQ Lite Database Possible

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mcsudge
713 Views, 2 Replies

SQL Server to SQ Lite Database Possible

Is it possible to transfer project data/database that is created in SQL Express Server to a SQL Lite database?

My company does not need the SQL express server, as we'll only have 2 users, so we do not have that set up nor do we plan to. We have had a 3rd party firm creating our piping and mechanical drawings, but we are moving all the design work in house.

The 3rd party havs transferred all of their data, but in the SQL Server Express format, and I've been trying to piece it all together into the local database version. Obviously there's a lot of disconnect happening, and it's hard to find out which files go where, since there are 12 or so different but similar projects.

They mentioned at one point that they use "PlantSync" and "PlantExpressTools" and recommended that we also use it. We plan on definitly looking into that, but are they necessary to organizing all the data initially? I was under the impression that it's geared to keep the P&ID's and plant3d models synchronized, instead of a program that finds all the linking data, etc.

I may be way off, so any knowledge or advice you can throw my way i'd appreciate, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PeterQuinn
in reply to: mcsudge

I don't know of a direct way to move a project from SQL Server to SQLite. If all else fails, you can create a new SQLite project and add all the drawings from the SQL Server project. Adding the drawings will populate the database.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: mcsudge

SQL Server isn't just a benefit for many users, it can also make it easier with larger projects as well (or, like your current issue, working with others who *do* use it).  SQL Server has a number of uses beyond Plant3D, too.  I would use SQLite for only the most basic of training and testing models.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost