AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report welds

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jester-s
3384 Views, 14 Replies

Report welds

Hi, I need to issue a report of welds, without any kind of components, is this possible? 3DP 2012

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
PeterQuinn
in reply to: jester-s

Yes, you can do this.

Create a report that contains the classes Buttweld, Socketweld, and Slipon. Take a look at the list of Fasteners and pick the ones you want in your report.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 15
paragnewe
in reply to: PeterQuinn

dear friend,

can you please elaborate this?

-Regards
Prag
Message 4 of 15
patpat79
in reply to: paragnewe

In the plant report creator, select your project you want to report. Create a new report, in our company, i had named it Weld Report. then click edit. In the Edit menu, click Edit query. Under the Engineering Items, choose the fasteners. Select all the weld types you want to include in your report, then in the "Included Classes " area, remove all the other fields other than the weld types you have chosen. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 15
tony126

How can I include the components in the weld report?
Message 6 of 15
patpat79
in reply to: tony126

Hi Tony, Good day. If you want to add weld types in the weld report. Just go to the Plant 3D Report Creator>Open Project>Report Config>Edit>Edit Query>Fasteners, then add the weld/fasteners you wanted to be included in the weld report. Please be noted that you might be needed to  create a new Report Template sole for the welds if you do not have one yet. Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 15
huseyinulku
in reply to: patpat79

Hi Pat,

We are working with Mr. Tony in the same project. I think you misunderstood his question.

The components that he mentioned are "connected components". For example you connect en elbow and a pipe with a butt weld. We want to have a report showing the weld id and its corresponding connected components ids (elbow and pipe).

Thanks,

Mr. Huseyin Ulku

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 15
jabowabo

@huseyinulku
There are no built-in tools to achieve this. It is only possible through the API.
Message 9 of 15
tony126
in reply to: jabowabo

Can you advise how to do this through API?
Message 10 of 15
jabowabo

How much advice you need will depend on your current knowledge of the API. There is a devblog entry on iterating connected items that can help here : http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2013/06/walking-a-pipe-in-plant3d.html

You could also use a selection filter to query for all weld objects, find their positions, then check model items to determine if one of their port positions share the same coordinate.
Message 11 of 15
tony126
in reply to: jabowabo

Thank you very much. Have you by any chance created such weld report before?
Message 12 of 15
jabowabo

No. But I have created a routine that uses the second method I described for other purposes.
https://youtu.be/9iWjc7IzGkU
Message 13 of 15
rschmidtSJ6ER

Hello,

I'm going to rewrite the topic because I need an additional information. Is it possible to add the line number in the report? I have all the welds that appear in the report but no line number. Do you have an idea?

Thank you in advance.

And Happy New Year to all!

Message 14 of 15
bvasey1
in reply to: rschmidtSJ6ER

Here is a related post:
Re: Weld List With Unique ID And Part Connections - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD Plant 3D

Incorporating Line Numbers is possible using SQL query statements.
Here is a view of welds that have been accumulated against them.

bvasey1_0-1672767059261.png

Is this the kind of reporting that is desired?

Message 15 of 15
rschmidtSJ6ER

Hello, this is exactly the type of report we are looking for. What is the procedure to follow?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost