AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Creator

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
sreid13
3403 Views, 33 Replies

Report Creator

Hi,

Using the Report creator I can't seem to be able to get any reducing parts (eg. reducers, Olets, reducing tees) to show the branch size in the ND field. It currently shows the header size only and groups all parts together. eg if i have two weldolets with a header of DN100 but one with a branch of DN50 and the other DN40 then they will be grouped together showing the quantity as 2 DN100 weldolets.

I don't really want to go through all the reducing parts in the spec creator to add the sizes back to the size description.

Can anyone help me please?

To show what I mean i have attached a generated report.

Regards,

Scott

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
ybogdanov
in reply to: sreid13

Is necessary to add the propertie: "Reducers Size2".

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 34
dave.wolfe
in reply to: ybogdanov

I don't think you'll be able to do it.  I don't see where the reduction size is stored in the database for reducers. The only place it appeared was in the size description.  If you had the reducing size in that, you might have been able to parse the size description and extract the reduction size.

Yury, where is the Reducers Size2 property?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 34
ybogdanov
in reply to: dave.wolfe

when you go to create new report is posible to select which components do you want. 

Report configuration->new->New blank->Edit query.

Here you need add from the list of Available Classes: Engineering Items/Inline Assets/Reducers. This class has propertie "SIZE2".

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 5 of 34
dave.wolfe
in reply to: ybogdanov

Because he referenced using olets, I assumed he was talking about Plant 3D objects not P&ID.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 34
sreid13

Thanks guys. Yeah i'm only needing the Plant 3D side of thing not P&ID.

By the looks of it, its not possible. Hopefully there is a workaround that can fix this problem. Its a bit of a pain to have to go through and manually modify those entries after that have been generated.

I hope an Autodesk person can chime in with something.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 7 of 34
JohnHolder

Yeah this is unbelievable.... you can have reducers, but no indication on what the reducing size is?

I have been messing with the report editor, and it has a field called "size" but it is ALWAYS blank.  I look at the data manager and the size of the reducer is clearly labled under "size"  as in 4" x 3" ....

why does this not show up under the report creator "size" field?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 8 of 34
jenakap1
in reply to: JohnHolder

Hi guys,

I'm looking into this problem.  It certainly appears that this is an issue.  I'm talking to our engineering team to see if there are any workarounds and hopefully get this fixed soon.  Thanks.

-Pat

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Message 9 of 34
JohnHolder
in reply to: jenakap1

I also found that in the Spec editor, in the catalog of Elbow ( i only looked at the Elbows ) the 45 and 90's are ground together.

but when I generate a BOM report, it does not seperate the 90's and 45's.  you get get a total count of of both, labeled as either 90's or 45's.

which is totally unaceptable.

I had to redo the elbows into two different catalog enteries to properly get a BOM report for these.

What is the point of having a "bill of materials" where it does not give you the line list of items correctly?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 10 of 34

Hello,

I am working with Plant 3D v2012. I have created a project and started a number of 3D drawings. In the 3D model, I sometimes work with 2 or 3 different pipe specs: sometimes I have to connect AISI304 Stainless Steel Pipes to HDPE pipes by means of collar + flanges.

I use custom made specificatiosn in which I filled in the filed for MATERIAL.

When I produce a bill of material with the report generator, I select the proper project, than I select the 3D Parts Report Configuraion Settings as supplied by the program and then I select Project Data to have all the materials in the project.

When I look at the preview, I can't see any difference in the material field: when I used 10 meters of pipe using the AISI304 spec and 10 meters of pipe using the AISI316 spec, there is no sign of the 2 different materials. On the report there is a total of 20 meters pipe - material: AISI304.

I tried using 2 standard specs provided by Autodesk SS300 and SS900 with the same result.

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem ?

Thx,

Marc

Tags (2)
Message 11 of 34
randy_trinity

Has there been any updates on this problems, or any work arounds?

Message 12 of 34
dave.wolfe
in reply to: randy_trinity

We have settled for using the part size long description in our reports.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 13 of 34

Hi,

In order to make a distinction for materials used in a project, I do this: in the spec files I put the material in the 'Material' field. e.g. AISI 304 and in the short description field I fill in the description AND the material. This results in a list with used piping equipment according to the material used.

This is maybe not the most logic way to obtain results, but it surely helps.

Best regards,

Marc

Waterleau NV

Message 14 of 34
randy_trinity

We are going to have to do something similar but with the short description. 

Message 15 of 34
halexx2012

I also have problems with the reductions, reducing tee, olets, someone has managed to solve the problems

Message 16 of 34
TomCCE
in reply to: randy_trinity

Has this issue been resolved?  I have the same problem as the original poster and many others.  I can see the reducer size, such as 4"x2", in the size column of data manager, but when i grab the "Engineering Items_Size" field in report creator, they are all blank when the report is generated.

Message 17 of 34
dave.wolfe
in reply to: TomCCE

No, not yet.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 18 of 34

hi, 

has anyne been able to rersolve this issue???

Message 19 of 34
dave.wolfe
in reply to: geofflotriet

We're about to release a plugin that does.  I'm working on fixing the bolt display so it's head size x length.  We should have news by the first of the week.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 20 of 34

This problem can be avoided using Item codes. 4x2 olet and 4x1 will be having different item codes. I had defined all Item codes in my spec, and in report creator i edited the xml to sort according to part code, so it segregated.  Without item code its difficult. If there is a inbuild code for each items this problem could had been avoided.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost