AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Creator - picturebox with variable pics

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GSC_HAYA
753 Views, 5 Replies

Report Creator - picturebox with variable pics

Hello

in a report I've inserted a picture box. I want to change the URL (path) variable depending on the project with the content of a field in the project properties.

Is that possible or are there some other ideas?

Thanks

Guido

Plant3D 2022 German
WIN10 Pro
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: GSC_HAYA

Hi,

Just to confirm the question, is it that you want a different image to be used in the report depending on the project that you run the report on?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 6
GSC_HAYA
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi,

yes, this is exactly what I want.

Thanks

Plant3D 2022 German
WIN10 Pro
Message 4 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: GSC_HAYA

Hi Guido,

I have logged a feature enhancement request with our developers for this functionality.

In the meantime you will need to use a different report for each project that contains the required image.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Dan.Scales

The report creator has a very power scripting capability. You can do this with a some scripting. A good place to start is here: http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/06/introduction-to-scripts-with-the-plant-3d-report-creator/

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
GSC_HAYA
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi,

here is the right answer.

I've contacted the support from DevExpress, they developed the reportcreator....

********************************************************************************************************

Assuming that the report data source collection includes a data field with the required picture URL value, use the Properties window -> Data Bindings -> Image URL option to link your picture box control to the corresponding data field (see http://screencast.com/t/prRMXWExxtM). It is possible to use this approach to link your picture box control to a report parameter (see the XtraReport.Parameters collection)

*********************************************************************************************************

Many, many Thanks to the support.

Guido

Plant3D 2022 German
WIN10 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost