AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Creator Missing Parts from Model

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Hermann.Semlitsch
2841 Views, 8 Replies

Report Creator Missing Parts from Model

hi,

i made a 3D Part list with the Report Creator from one DWG of the project but i miss some parts. i have this problem for some models of the project. and the doesn`t calculate the pipe lentgh right. (i have a ~40000mm pipe in the model but in the part list is the pipe lentgh ~60000mm)

The parts are in the model, also in the Data Mangaer correct but not in the Part list. i have no idea where isn´t it.

i have attached a pdf so you can assure so.

best regards

Hermann

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Hermann,

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but you will need to create a filter for the 3D parts report and also you will need to format the report with groups if you want to sum the pipe lengths.

Take a look at the help.  Select Configure Reports and then download the report Designer pdf - that will help you a lot I think.

Hope this helps

Ian Matthew
Techinal Marketing Manager, Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9

my main problem is that i have not all parts in the STNADARD 3d-part list from Plant 3d. i need no filter but i need all parts of my model...

Message 4 of 9

Seems I have just come accross the same frustrating problem.

I have just generated a BOM using the report creator on a project with approximately 45 isometrics, issued the BOM out for pricing and then had a materials vendor come back and say "you have asked for lots of 3" flanges, tees, pipe and other fittings but you havenot asked for any elbows. Are you sure that is right" well I checked in Data Manager, checked in all 40 isometrics and yes, lots of 3" 90 degree elbows but none have shwon up on the BOM. 

Now I am worried about  what else may be missing from the BOM. Looks like I am going to have to go back through every isometric and check line item by line item to make sure everything on the individual isometric BOMs matches the overall BOM from report creator.

I have checked report creator and there does not appear to be any filters set up blocking the display of 3" elbows, in fact there are no filters at all in the report creator.

This is frustrating as I am un able to report what is required but also I am now unable to trust what the report creator is generating so need to go back and do an additional manual check. Not what I expected!!

Message 5 of 9

This is caused when the default PArtSizeLongDesc is NOT used I.e. includeing the Size.

To fix this, add a Group Sort under the EngineeringItems.ShortDesription

as

EngineeringItems.PartSizeLongDesc

and all will be corrected.

Regards

Dave Evans

Autodesk

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Could you elaborate on the steps involved please - a screen shot would be good 

Thanks

Gary

Message 7 of 9

The problem was in the implementation of the PartSizeLongDescription in the Specs / Catalogues used which was being “summated” with data which was not unique.

The spec Format used does not adhere to the Autodesk delivered Spec Philosophy, whereby the Nominal Diameter is added to the above field.  This caused the incorrect grouping of the Reported Items, manually reporting on the database confirmed this to be the case.

The report creator was acting exactly on the data being presented, the data presented to the report was not as designed.

What we have done in this correction to your project implementation is add a Sort to unique criteria as below  by adding a Group Sort on PartSizeLongDesc.

Screenshot from bottom section of Report Creator Layoutt designer for 3D Parts...

report-creator-mod.jpg

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Thanks - all is clear now

Regards

Gary

Message 9 of 9
91chucho22
in reply to: Neil.simmonds

Hello,

I have the same issue with missing fittings, accessories and incomplete total pipe lengths. I've made the shared configuration with the group and sort, and the issue remains, any suggestion, any idea on what I need to do to obtain a descent BoM?

91chucho22_0-1693453653363.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost