AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Orphaned Fasteners

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TRdesigner82
1519 Views, 7 Replies

Removing Orphaned Fasteners

I was told not remove orphaned fasteners by the instructor of the class I took when first starting out in Plant 3D. Is this a valid statement? I'm not sure why it would be an option if there was a reason not to do it. Can someone please let me know if the benifits of removing them outweigh the reasons not to???

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TRdesigner82
in reply to: TRdesigner82

BUMP

Message 3 of 8

Honestly, I always get that message, but I learned to ignore it after 3 years.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 4 of 8
tylerkerr

I wondered if it did any good. On one project I ran into a case of my VIC clamps showing in the data manager (and then BOM). Orphaned Fasteners did nothing to remove them. I eventually had to change their name in the data manager and delete them every time I ran the report manager.
Message 5 of 8
thebearjed
in reply to: tylerkerr

is this ever going to be fixed. i am soooooo sick of seeing that message pop up when it does absolutely nothing!!!
Message 6 of 8
EricNyh

I've learned to ignore as well.  I don't understand why but, if you have one pipe line that is in two models, and these models are xref'd to each other, if you remove the orphans, it will delete the connection between these models disconnecting the line.

Message 7 of 8
malreid
in reply to: EricNyh

I don;t even have an xref, or any other drawings in the project for that matter, and I still get this error.

What's up with that Autodesk?

Message 8 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: malreid

I teach everyone to ignore it. Started an idea in ideastation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-p-id/do-not-show-prompt-to-remove-orphaned-fasteners/...

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost