AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Contributor
kandarp
Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)

Query regarding Spec editor and modeling rules

181 Views, 3 Replies
09-02-2013 04:13 AM

Hi there

I have few queries regarding spec editor and 3D modelling rules as mentioned below. Kindly focus on the query, if possible.

1)     What is the significance of “Part use priority” in spec sheet?

2)     I want to define certain rules to take care common errors while generating 3D models as mentioned below. I am not sure whether it is possible to create such rules or not. Kindly give the guideline to provide such rules if it is possible. Rules like

1. Minimum distance between two weld joints or minimum pipe piece length
  2. To provide SW full coupling after every 6 meters in small size pipes, if straight distance is higher.

Kindly assist.

Regards

Kandarp

Valued Contributor
peter.jansoone
Message 2 of 4 (175 Views)

Re: Query regarding Spec editor and modeling rules

09-02-2013 07:41 AM in reply to: kandarp

-'part use priority' is used when the program automatically inserts objects, it takes the item with highest priority.

-weld opening and minimum pipe length can be set in project setup

-maximum pipe length cannot be set in the model (but you can manually insert welds), but can be defined in the ISO setup.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Greenock CAD service
Contributor
kandarp
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

09-05-2013 04:28 AM in reply to: peter.jansoone

Dear Peter Jansoone

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to solve my query. Your guidance help to solve my query.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kandarp

Contributor
kandarp
Message 4 of 4 (33 Views)

07-18-2014 03:35 AM in reply to: peter.jansoone

Hi

Yes, there is provision to adjust maximum pipe length in setup. We are using SW Full Coupling to connect two pipes for small sizes (i.e. <= 1 1/2"NB), is there any setting which add SW Full Coupling for small size piping for straight lenght higher than maximum pipe length ?

Regards

Kandarp

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community