AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding Spec editor and modeling rules

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kandarp
367 Views, 3 Replies

Query regarding Spec editor and modeling rules

Hi there

I have few queries regarding spec editor and 3D modelling rules as mentioned below. Kindly focus on the query, if possible.

1)     What is the significance of “Part use priority” in spec sheet?

2)     I want to define certain rules to take care common errors while generating 3D models as mentioned below. I am not sure whether it is possible to create such rules or not. Kindly give the guideline to provide such rules if it is possible. Rules like

1. Minimum distance between two weld joints or minimum pipe piece length
  2. To provide SW full coupling after every 6 meters in small size pipes, if straight distance is higher.

Kindly assist.

Regards

Kandarp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: kandarp

-'part use priority' is used when the program automatically inserts objects, it takes the item with highest priority.

-weld opening and minimum pipe length can be set in project setup

-maximum pipe length cannot be set in the model (but you can manually insert welds), but can be defined in the ISO setup.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 3 of 4
kandarp
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

Dear Peter Jansoone

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to solve my query. Your guidance help to solve my query.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kandarp

Message 4 of 4
kandarp
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

Hi

Yes, there is provision to adjust maximum pipe length in setup. We are using SW Full Coupling to connect two pipes for small sizes (i.e. <= 1 1/2"NB), is there any setting which add SW Full Coupling for small size piping for straight lenght higher than maximum pipe length ?

Regards

Kandarp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost