AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Contributor
davetyner
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

Query equipment dimension data from database.

133 Views, 1 Replies
08-20-2012 10:47 AM

Hiya! I am trying to report on equipment dimension data from the project database. Is this possible? Thanks!

Contributor
davetyner
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: Query equipment dimension data from database.

08-22-2012 05:24 AM in reply to: davetyner

http://www.davetyner.com/forum/showthread.php?11503-Extracting-equipment-dimension-data

OK so after much discussion, debate, desk slamming, and paper crunching yesterday, I was able to connect with Autodesk technical ace Ken Fauver. Ken informed me that although you cannot get the equipment dimension data strait from Plant 3D, you can get it from the manually entered data on the corresponding P&ID. My issue is that I don't have any P&ID's on this job, just the model.

I would love for this to be a feature in upcoming releases of Plant 3D. If nothing else, just the bounding box info of the object would be fine. I can get some of the data I need through arx but it's a hassle. Would be nice if it was already there .

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community