AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python Script for Pipe Shape

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Hermann.Semlitsch
3335 Views, 12 Replies

Python Script for Pipe Shape

Hello

i made a script for a "Cabel Tray" - Pipe. it works when i create a custom object but not in the "pipe" routing function. it comes a pipe and not my shape.

have someone expirence with creating scripts and can help me.

i have attched the script and a picture of the routing

thanks

Hermann

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Very Nice work you have done. Hats off. Autodesk, pls. help him to resolve also get the similar kind in the software also.

Message 3 of 13
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Got any reply fom Autodesk?
Message 4 of 13

no, not yet.

Message 5 of 13

Please help the ppl who are thinking innovately. Autodesk, pls help him, this will benefit him aswellas everyone.
Message 6 of 13

This is a community forum, for the community to help each other. I don't see why Autodesk would involve themselves in the forum other than managing the admin part.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 7 of 13

yes, you are right. i hoped that other people had the same questions and can help me. but ok i have also opened a ticket in the supscription center. i think i will recieve a answer 🙂

Message 8 of 13

If you find solution, please let us know here. Hope Autodesk will help you, otherwise they are not bothered about the development of software.
Message 9 of 13

Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do in this case, as our Plant 3D pipe is
a custom object that generates the cylinder shape on the fly.
The pipe scripts are actually only used for creating “pipe decorations”, i.e. when
creating flanged pipe, or socketed pipe. In this case, the pipe end types are
taken from the block definition, but the cylindrical. Stretchable part will
still be generated by the guts of the AcPpDb3dPipe.
For plain pipes, no script at all will be invoked, only the “MatchingPipeOuterDiameter” property
from the spec will be used by AcPpDb3dPipe to create the cylindrical mesh.

Sorry for the bad news.

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 10 of 13
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: fenton.webb

Thanks for reply from Development side. It would be highly appriciable from users, if Autodesk take this case and do development for providing a template for Cable trays in Plant3d space.

Please provide all the shape intelligent in one umbrella. It is not wise decision to use all your suites/ software to obtain the final result,

Message 11 of 13
fenton.webb
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

FYI - I've informed product management about your requests... Fingers crossed!

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 12 of 13

Quick question...
Is there a way to retrieve the pipe insulation thickness in a python script? I'm creating a pipe shape that I want to change dynamically based on the insulation thickness of the pipe when placed.
I see other calls in other scripts (i.e) getInsideDiameter or getThickness... so I'm hoping there is something similar to this that would help me retrieve insulation thickness.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 13 of 13

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost