AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property as a combination of properties

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
F_Kulikovsky
368 Views, 1 Reply

Property as a combination of properties

Afternoon, dear fellow Plant 3d users.

The topic might sound amazingly stupid although i believe the answer is easy. The input is the follwing: a pipe line tag of mine consists of 5 descriptors, so the end pipe line tag being something like 80-ОТ-001-01-0 (Nominal Diameter-Product-Segment-Subsegment-Insulation Type properties respectively). 

Now i want to indicate this information in all my related reports such as VLVE-001 mounted on line 80-ОТ-001-01-0. Is there a way to do that whitou diving too much into the programming.

Bottom line: pipeline number automatically generated as property so if can be included into the reports.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
F_Kulikovsky
in reply to: F_Kulikovsky

Suprisingly enough i came up with workaround...

So there is a "Pipe Line Number" property which i was looking for to indicate the contents of my pipe line annotation. And it was exactly what i needed - set the "Pipe Line Number" to acquisition and as an acquisition target set the "tag" property of "line segments" class. Nice and easy, hope this helps some other ppl struggling with custom pipeline naming conventions like i do.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost