AutoCAD Plant 3D General

Active Contributor
kumarswapan64
Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Pr Gauge, Temp. Symbol & Tag No. not coming in Iso

211 Views, 1 Replies
10-21-2013 02:58 AM

I HAVE MADE THE MODEL OF PRESSURE GAUGE, TEMPERATURE INDIACATOR ETC.

WHEN I TRIED TO ADD IN CATALOGUE  BY "CREATE NEW COMPONENT",  IN COMPONENT CATEGORY THERE IS NO "INSTRUMENT CATEGORY".

THEN I ADDED INTO THE "VALVE CATEGORY"  IN ISO SYMBOL SKEY AND ISO SYMBOL  TYPE  KEPT BLANK. AND FINALLY ADDED INTO THE SPEC.IT IS COMING INTO THE MODEL PERFECTLY.

PROBLEM IS IN ISOMETRIC. IN ISOMETRIC NO SYMBOLS & TAG NO. LIKE "PIT-3452" ARE NOT COMING.

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM (STEP BY STEP).

Swapan Kumar
Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Pr Gauge, Temp. Symbol & Tag No. not coming in Iso

10-22-2013 09:07 AM in reply to: kumarswapan64

Here are two great links that go through the step by step process of what you are trying to do. These links should help.

Custom Components in AutoCAD Plant 3D

Create new Symbols for Isometrics in AutoCAD Plant 3D

Here is another link you might not be aware of that helps explain Isometrics in more detail.

De-mystifing AutoCAD Plant 3D Isometrics

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community