AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plantspecupdatecheck - What is this used for?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CaveManCode
989 Views, 4 Replies

Plantspecupdatecheck - What is this used for?

Good Day

I have a piping specification, that some of the Isokeys were not entered into the catalog or specification at the beginnng of a project. I have gone back and edited the isokeys, all are functional and produce isogen symbols - been checked.

Below are the properties of an item, as can be seen Iso Symbol defenition = Null

Specs have been updated, Iso checked with new geometry drawn.

PLANTSPECUPDATECHECK command run, oh brilliant says that there are items to be updated . . .

Nothing? The iso symbol defenition remain = Null, Nothing, Void ? ? ?

Autodesk please elaborate what this funtion does, or is there a work around to get this software application to update, or does it remain conventional fix plant 3D methods of cpying and pasting? or Redrawing?

SymbolKeys-None.png

If anyone knos of any workarounds to save eiting time would much appreciate

Best Regards

Rihard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tarrynd
in reply to: CaveManCode

Hi There

This may be a little bit late, but I found the exact same thing.

What I founf worked though was that I would do my update in the Catalog. Then in the Spec and Catalog editor I would select the option synchronize specs with catalogs. Then I would open my model and run a spec update check and it would pop up with a dialogue box asking me if I would like to apply my spec updates and then the changes would be applied.

Regards.

Message 3 of 5
CaveManCode

Good Day

Thanks for the reply, have not chanced a manual update as yet . . .

What i had done is updated the catalog, then synchronized the specification with the catalog, double checked in the spec editor that the updates had gone through to specification, then saved the updates to the peoject specification.

Within the specification i ran the PlantSpecUpdateCheck, said that there were entities that required to be updated, said ok. Tee Piece not updated. Inserted a new tee from the same spec - all updated data there?

The specifications for this projects have not been deleted or manipulated in any way, usually if one had deleted a specification and recreated another specification with the same name, a dialog box would pop up to say that these are the parts which could not get updated?

so ... specification still the initiall one, has not been changed, the ID's or referential data should still be linked? therefore any updates should take place? 

Aye but for some reason, Not!!

Regards

Richard

Message 4 of 5
JarrodMudford

The quickest way to update the Spec is to select the Edit Properties button in the spec editor, you will need to have the line selected in the spec. The column Content Iso Symbol Definition is the column you can edit. Then run your Plantspecupdatecheck. Have a look at the others to see the format you need to use.

To fix, using the Catalog first, you fisrtsly need to find the SizeRecordId. Export your original spec to excel, and go to the Spec Data sheet. Every item has its own SizeRecordId. A 32 character random number. You will use these later so don't play around with them.

Fix up your catalog, and update the spec as you have done. Then export your spec data again to a new excel spreadsheet. Open this one up and go to the equivalent sheet. Copy the SizeRecordId from first spreadsheet, to the second. Be very careful not to get the numbers mixed up.

Once you have saved the spreadsheet, you can import it back into the spec.

Go back to your model and run the plantspecupdatecheck. This should fix your problem.

The SizeRecordId is the definition used between the model and the spec. The only thing that doesn't change the SizeRecordId is the parametric dimensional data in the catalog.

Hope this helps you all out.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
CaveManCode
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Good Day

Thanks for the information.

Good Information to repair the referential data integrity between the modeled geometry and specifications/Catalogs.

Not sure what the cause was that the ID's had changed that prevented the update functinality?

But great . . . there is a light at the end of the tunnel . . . coming very fast towards us Smiley Indifferent

When i have a chance i will work through your procedure.

In Appreciation

Regards

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost