AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant3d 2015 is Just a addition of Extension 1, 2 & Service Pack2

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K
1026 Views, 10 Replies

Plant3d 2015 is Just a addition of Extension 1, 2 & Service Pack2

Had gone through the release news of Autodesk 2015 products, from this I can understand Plant3d 2015 is just a addition a Extension 1, 2 & Service Pack.

Don't understand why this much slow progress in the development, if it goes like this then it will end up like ASD one day.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

You Forgot one more new in Autocad 2015

The internal Interface ( hhhhhhhhhhhh)

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K

Autodesk is a engineering software.

Dark theme is the major feature they have cited, who asked?, please keep what users want, otherwise please don't release product every year just for a sake, I am sure many wont go with subscription this year. I dunno how your marketing team will present a new feature.
Message 4 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K

Please see how CADWORX, CADISON, AUTOPLANT improved with your platform. Their income wont be as equal to Autodesk, but their commitment to customer is always appreciable, but here we are made as fools.
Message 5 of 11
PeterQuinn

Arun,

Extension 2 was released in December. There is a long company holiday later in December. We needed to be 100% finished with 2015 around the end of January. This doesn't leave a lot of time for new work.

We had two options. One, do not release a second extension and instead include the features in 2015. Or, release the extension and have essentially only the platform changes in 2015. 

We chose to release the functionality early. I can't see how this is a bad thing. It's especially a good thing for those customers who can't move to 2015 for a while because of corporate or client restrictions.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K

Thanks for your reply Peter, I always appreciate your good work here.

Certain small additions could had done in the interest of customers especially for half coupling in spec, Line no. display in report creator for selection instead writing a query, steel BOM in ortho, spec driven pipe supports. Hope you will take us happy through service packs and extensions, request for sooner release.

Don't mistake me here, I have spent more time with this software and looking for development at faster rate, so that will be easy for our adoption through out all our divisions.

I personally request Autodesk don't compare this software with sales, as it is not fully matured, your sales team will find difficulty in convincing customers unless it matures especially in Isometric and certain 3d features.

Message 7 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K

Peter, I understand your time limitation and welcome your decision of releasing service pack in customers interest. Please keep additional features soon through extensions and service packs.
Message 8 of 11
cnghm
in reply to: PeterQuinn

It sounds very good, but where can I download the lastest version of PND 2015? One the website, the available is still only PND 2014.

Message 9 of 11
PeterQuinn
in reply to: cnghm

The 30 day trial of 2015 has been posted on the main autodesk site.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 11
cadwomen

Mr Quinn

amy you check this

Free trial

Plant Design Suite Premium Download a free 30-day trial
  • Complete piping design work more efficiently
  • Create and manage piping and instrumentation diagrams
  • Full use of Plant Design Suite Premium 2015
  • No credit card required

Note: The first time you download a product trial, you will be prompted to install

Includes Standard edition:

- AutoCAD
- AutoCAD Raster Design
- AutoCAD P&ID
- ReCap
- Showcase

Plus:

- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- AutoCAD Structural Detailing
- Revit Structure
- Navisworks Simulate
- 3ds Max Design

Download trial

• Plant Design Suite Premium 2014
  • Language
  • Operating system

OPS Windows ? what nothing ?

Plant on main site  Link

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 11 of 11
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: cadwomen

Right, it shows only 2014.

New features videos are uploaded, good work done for the added features.

Peter, expecting many features from your team in extensions and service packs for 2015, expecting the product will be fully matured at the end of this year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost