AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant3d 2011catalog migration to 2012 errors

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chad70811
1064 Views, 8 Replies

Plant3d 2011catalog migration to 2012 errors

I have migrated all of my Plant 2011 specs and catalogs to Plant 2012 as required. Everything seems to be fine with the stock catalogs and all specs(stock and custom built), the problem I am having is with the two custom catalogs that we created from the original ASME catalogs that came with Plant3d 2010. These catalogs were copys of 2010 catalogs, and edited by us  to suit our needs, they were then migrated to 2011 and worked fine, but now after the 2012 migration they error out and won't even open in Spec Editor 2012. Please help we have tons of customized items in these two catalogs and all of our custom piping specs were built with these 2 catalogs. FYI...The stock ASME catalogs seem to have migrated fine. I am attaching the 2 errors I encountered, 1st error was encountered in the migration process. The 2nd error occurs when the migrated catalog is opened in Spec Editor 2012.

Thanks,

Chad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
raj.inugala
in reply to: chad70811

Hello Chad,

Would it be possible for you to share these error causing catalogs with us?

Thanks,

Raj Inugala.

Message 3 of 9
chad70811
in reply to: raj.inugala

Yes Itried to upload them but forum told me that the files were to large. So I posted the link to my google docs share, you should be able to download them here Custom catalogs.

Thanks,

Chad

Message 4 of 9
raj.inugala

Hello Chad,

Can you give a try with the attached catalogs? I have made one minor change to the catalogs to make them compatible with AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012. I have not tried using parts from this catalog in a drawing, so please be sure to test that scenario.

Valves Catalog

Pipes and Fittings Catalog

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Raj Inugala.

Message 5 of 9
chad70811

Thanks Raj, catalogs seem to be working fine again.

Message 6 of 9
k.schachinger

Hello, i think i have the same problems with some custom made catalogs with block-parts in it.

Sorry but i'm not allowed to upload owr catalogs. Can you please tell me how or what to change in the catalog so that it works?

Best Regards

Klaus Schachinger

Message 7 of 9
raj.inugala
in reply to: k.schachinger

Hello Klaus,

All I did was add a new column named "CatalogPartFamilyId" to the Catalog database. Can you please first make sure that the column does not exist before you try to add it?

Thanks,

Raj Inugala.

Message 8 of 9
k.schachinger

Hello Raj,

Thank you for your fast answer. I tried to add a new column with the SQLite Databae Browser 2.0 but that didn't worked.

Please can you describe more detailed what i have to do?

F.Y.I.: The difference between a catalog which cannot be opend after migrating and one you can open, is that in the migration folder the folder with the Block-DWGs and pictures is missing... In a catalog which is working also this Block-Folder is new created...

Thanks a lot,

Klaus Schachinger

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: k.schachinger

Raj,

I added the CatalogPartFamilyId field as GUID to the EngineeringItems table. Also to the EngineeringItems_PNP view, but that doesn't help.

Can you please give some more info how/where you added that property?

Thanks

Carsten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost