I'd like to know if I can get elevation information automatically in the plants generated by PLANT 3D.
Nowadays my designers are referring to the 3D model and entering this information in the plants, which I think is not the correct way to use the program.
I refuse to believe that the information of the pipeline elevations are not automatically brought to the plants generated from the 3D model.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sory, but I don't understand what do you want. Can you explain better, please? The elevation is one propertie which there are in all pipes an fittings. And normally when you start to design the plant is necessary to position the things in the coordenates of the real plant and usually work in mm(or in inch).
When you say "Plant" generation, I assume you mean "Plan" generation.
If this is true, I don't believe there is an out-of-box way to do this at the moment. In 2012 I just checked what Plant annotation options were available and I received the following list:
Full Line Number Callout [Size-Line Number Tag-Spec]
Insulation Callout [Insulation Thickness-Type]
Line Number Callout [Line Number Tag]
Nominal Size [Size]
Oval Tag Style
Pipe OD [Outside Diameter]
Size and Spec Callout [Size-Spec]
Tie-In Point [TP-xxx]
After about 5 minutes of investigation, it does seem that you can add to this list in the "Project Setup" interface.
Here is a rough set of steps to follow (you will have to work out the details though as I have not tested the results thoroughly):
1) Open Project Setup
2) Navigate to "Plant 3D DWG Settings-->Plant 3D Class Definitions-->Piping and Equipment-->Pipe Run Components"
3) Look in the lower right corner of the right side pane of the dialog. There is an Annotation section where you can Add an annotation
4) then select the new annotation and select "Edit Block"
5) In the block editor, I saw a small tool bar floating near the top of the screen that had a single button in it for "Assign Annotation Formats"
6) Select the attribute that is visible and then in the resulting dialog make sure that the format is set to 2 "parts".
7) The first row's "Field" should be a blank and then set the "Delimiter" to "EL. ".
8) In the second row, select the first button to assign a class property
9) Select "Piping and Equipment-->Pipe Run Component" on the left side and "position Z" on the right.
10) Make sure the "Use Target Object's Property" is checked and hit "OK". And then "OK" to the other dialog too.
11) Save the block and exit the block editor
You should now be able to put this new annotation style in your plan drawing. When I tried it, I saw 2 things that I would want to tinker with (i.e. a dot in front of the "EL." and the number was not in Architectural units), but the gist of it was there. I assume you can apply number formatting to the "Position Z" property back in the Annotation Format dialog.
Hope this helps...
Sorry for my english.
I´ll try to do this, and I think that will solve my problem. This solution will save me a lot of work.
EPC Engenharia Projeto e Construção
I'll try to explain betther now...
When I finish the modeling of the project, I need to generate 2D Plans to submit them to the customer. When I'm working on these drawings I need to enter all pipe elevations. I think there must be some way of listing this property automatically in the drawings, without having to enter one by one manually, since the 3D Model has this information.
EPC Engenharia Projeto e Construção
under the orthoview tab, on the dimensions panel, under the dimension pull down, pick ordinate dimension
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register