AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3d 2015 Upgrade - Help!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
James_C
786 Views, 14 Replies

Plant 3d 2015 Upgrade - Help!

Hi, I just installed the Plant 3D 2015 upgrade from the Subscription Centre. After started it up, I cannot draw any piping component (fitting or valve). I found that the catalogue folder "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content" in version 2015 is almost EMPTY by comparing witht the folder "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content" in version 2014 (Please see the attached screen shots). Anyone has the simillar experience? Now, I have both version 2014 and 2015 in my machine. Is it NOT correct? Did I do anything wrong it the upgrade installation? What is the proper procedures to do the upgrade? If I've done it wrong and need to uninstall it, will my license be affected? Thanks in advance for any help and advise.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dave.wolfe
in reply to: James_C

Do a reinstall.  I've installed 2015, and got the full catalog.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 15
James_C
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave, do you still have the 2014 version?

Message 4 of 15
dave.wolfe

Yes.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 15
James_C
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Will try to uninstall and reinstall it again. Thanks.
Message 6 of 15
RSFAdsk

Your license will not be affected.  Another option it to use the "Reinstall" option in maintenence mode (Control Panel > Programs and Features) that way you do not need to re-enter any serial numbers or product keys.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 15
manetzj
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Good morning!

I've also experienced this problem with our new installation of Plant 3D 2015.

I have tried reinstalling the software with no luck.  I've also tried to repair the existing installation and add new content.  It just won't populate the "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content" folder on my computer.  For a quick fix, I've simply copied the contents of the 2014 Content folder into the 2015 folder.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Best regards,

Jay Manetz,

Sidock Group, Inc.

Message 9 of 15
James_C
in reply to: manetzj

We did try "Reinstall" but it doesn't work for us.  Then, we deleted the program and cleaned up all the regristries.  We renamed (or delete) the empty folder "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content" before installing the P3D 2015 again. After that a new folder "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content" was generated with all the necessary spec. inside and the program works as what it should be now.

Message 10 of 15
manetzj

Thank you for the information.

I'll try this in a bit.  Although it's nice to see that the 2014 Content works with 2015, it would make me feel better to have the offical 2015 offering installed.

-Jay

Message 11 of 15
PeterQuinn
in reply to: manetzj

There was a problem with one of the download installers. It was fixed a while ago (like a month ago, I'd have to look it up). Are you still having the problem with a current download?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 15
James_C
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Not sure if the problem about the installer you mentioned is no pipe fitting nor any valves can be drawn due to the empty folder "AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content".  If that is the one, we're okay now after reinstalled the P3D 2015.

Message 13 of 15
PeterQuinn

That's exactly the problem - the specs and catalogs were missing under some circumstances.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 15
manetzj

Perhaps it was the new installer.  But whatever it was, uninstalling and reinstalling the software worked this last time and I'm up and running.

Thank you for your help.  It was very much appreciated.

Jay Manetz,

Sidock Group, Inc.

Message 15 of 15
jtegtmeyer

Peter, we have the same issue but we load the program twice to get it to work for 40-60 users won't work for us.  Can you send me the fixed portion of the install so we can add it to our deployment?

Thanks, Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost