AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3d 2014 extension 1 installation fails

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
973 Views, 5 Replies

Plant 3d 2014 extension 1 installation fails

Hello,

I have a few issues installing the extension 1 of plant 34 2014.

On some pc's I get the error "Error 1327. Invalid Drive K:\"

I have searched for a solution on internet and found that in the register some keys in "user shell folders" could be set to "K:\..."..    however, this did not work for me because in de register i could not find any keys refering to "K:\...".

On an other pc i was able to install te extension without any problems. the problem then is that plant 3d won't start up anymore. it alsways says i have to run setup.exe to reinstall plant 3d. when i uninstall the extention it rons perfectly again.

Can anyone help me with these issues? i would really like to see the benefits of the extension.

Thanks in advance.

Corné van Stee

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provide answers for the following questions.

Are you trying to install the product on a different drive ?

What OS you have on your machine ?

Have you installed the product (Plant 3D 2014 release version) earlier before installing Extension 1. Did you try to uninstall that ?

Go to temp folder by doing the following.

Start - Run - %temp% - and look for any error logs for Plant 3D installation and send them to me for further investigation.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Hello Vinod,

Here are the answers to your questions in red.

Are you trying to install the product on a different drive ?

I have installed Plant in the standard directory C:\program files\Autodesk\

What OS you have on your machine ?

Windows 7 x64 SP1

Have you installed the product (Plant 3D 2014 release version) earlier before installing Extension 1. Did you try to uninstall that ?

I have installed plant 3D 2014 only once since the release. I used the plant suite ultimate installation.

Go to temp folder by doing the following.

See the attachment.

I hope this will be of any help.
Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Kind Regards,

Corn? van Stee
Engineer/Designer Mechanical
Grontmij Nederland B.V.

T +31 118 65 35 49 I M +31 6 53 98 42 70 I W www.grontmij.nlI Commercial Register 30129769

<< Please read our E-mail Disclaimer at: Emaildisclaimer.Grontmij.com >>
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

I don´t know if the log-file was attached properly to my mail, so i hereby send it again using the forum.

Message 5 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian

Thanks for the logs. From the log files, I could see 1603 error. This error is usually a generic permissions error.

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling Plant 3D using a different user login with local administrator rights on Windows. You can use the following link for clean uninstall/reinstall.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Also please make sure to turn off Antivirus & Windows firewall while trying to reinstall.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian

We are aware of this issue. Our development is actively working to fix this issue. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The workaround is : browse to your source DVD and continue to uninstall it.

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report