AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D Orthographic Creation / Edit Error Causing an Infinite Loop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KBKerstetter
940 Views, 1 Reply

Plant 3D Orthographic Creation / Edit Error Causing an Infinite Loop

I had an issue of our network crashing here at work that had us down for a few days. When it was back up I found that several of our Plant 3D drawings had become corrupt. This included orthographic drawings as well as our 3D piping models.

I recovered the drawings from backups, removed the corrupt drawings thru the project manager, deleted the actual files from the project and then copied the recovered files back into the project via the project manager.

Now… in some of the recovered Orthographic drawings (not all), any attempt to create or edit a view port will cause Plant 3D to keep creating blank drawings (i.e. Drawing1, Drawing2, Drawing3, ect…) until the program fatal errors out.

Has anyone come across this issue and found a way to fix it. I am trying not to have to recreate these views if I don’t have to.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dennis
in reply to: KBKerstetter

Yes, I have seen this "spamming" of new dwgs specifically with Orthos.  In my case, not from the steps you outline, but when creating a new project from a company project template.  The fix in my case is when creating a project from a template, do not point to the Orthos/DWGs folder, but to instead point to the Orthos folder.  Then after the new project is created, change the location to Orthos/DWGs.

If, the setting was left on Orthos, then when creating Orthos, the Project Settings cannot find the template for one, and then proceeds to create the spamming of new dwgs you describe.  If the setting was left during the project create to Orthos/DWGs, then the folder structure is setup wrong where it creates the Orthos/DWGs folder and then within that DWGs folder there is another DWGs folder, and the Orthocube Library and Styles folder.

So, check the Project Settings, see if it is seeing the Orthos template DWG as a first check.  Then check to see how the folders down Orthos is setup.  You will want to see the Orthos folder with the three sub-folders DWGs, Orhtocube Library and Styles.  Then check the folder settings where the Ortho Drawings will be stored for the project.  By default, you will want that to be Orthos/DWGs, provided all the other settings are correct.

Maybe that will help you find the problem, even though it isn't actually resulting from the same steps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost