AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D 2012

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
ImraanL
1560 Views, 29 Replies

Plant 3D 2012

Hi, I was just wanting to know when will P3D 2012 become available? Regards
29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
ybogdanov
in reply to: karoljd

The first important thing is "Editor of ISO symbols"!!! And Plant Report Creator, with this program is not necessary use Access to generate reports.

And the most important thing, now we can create the pipes and fasteners in the Spec Editor!!!

@karoljd wrote:

You are welcome!

If you manage, please post changes that you see in this release. I'm  away for some time from my Office and on mobile Internet  so I can't test the P3D.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 22 of 30
Stevee420
in reply to: ybogdanov

Ok, got mine, was delivered this morning, its loaded, now I'm trying to see what's new.

not much so far, do NOTsee Iso Skey editor, only a Report Creator.

A bit disappointed, just a disc in a cover with new graphic, no "whats new" to see what changed.

The search continues.....

Message 23 of 30
ybogdanov
in reply to: Stevee420

@Stevee420 wrote:

Ok, got mine, was delivered this morning, its loaded, now I'm trying to see what's new.

not much so far, do NOTsee Iso Skey editor, only a Report Creator.

A bit disappointed, just a disc in a cover with new graphic, no "whats new" to see what changed.

The search continues.....

Iso symbol editor there is in Project Setup

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 24 of 30
Stevee420

I found that editor, but how do you assign new symbol to new custom valves, so thay show correcrly in the iso's?

I dont think these are the SKEYS symbols.

for example if I assign VYBW  as a SKEY to a new created componant, it does not show up in iso

Message 25 of 30
Rich.O.3d

@ybogdanov wrote:

And the most important thing, now we can create the pipes and fasteners in the Spec Editor!!!

In the catalog editor, pick...Use Plant 3d Parametric Graphics...Fittings....Sleeve...BV

now scroll all the way to right in geometry window........Pipe/Pipe(pe)

found it by accident....nice place for the autodesk team to hide them!

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 26 of 30
philip
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Spoiler

It would be nice for autodesk to supply us the "Important Subscription Users" all the required documentation telling us whats new instead of leaving us in the dark.

Can anyone answer me this question (not installed P3D 2012 yet, have disk on my desk) does the help go to a new 2012 location or the old 2011 location?

Message 27 of 30
ybogdanov
in reply to: philip

@philip wrote:
Spoiler

It would be nice for autodesk to supply us the "Important Subscription Users" all the required documentation telling us whats new instead of leaving us in the dark.

Can anyone answer me this question (not installed P3D 2012 yet, have disk on my desk) does the help go to a new 2012 location or the old 2011 location?

New.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 28 of 30
ybogdanov
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

@richos69 wrote:

@ybogdanov wrote:

In the catalog editor, pick...Use Plant 3d Parametric Graphics...Fittings....Sleeve...BV

now scroll all the way to right in geometry window........Pipe/Pipe(pe)

found it by accident....nice place for the autodesk team to hide them!

But in the Custom Geometry for the new component the Pipe and fasteners there aren't yet... We can't to create square pipe (to use like cable-tray) and new tri-clamp connections... 

In this release of the Plant3D the ISO part has many good changes. This is the most diference with 2011. For example, good interface to edit ISO template.

I hope that in the 2013 there are some part for instrument and electrical devices.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 29 of 30
misiakpysiak
in reply to: ImraanL

Hi everyone, 

Some may have noticed the fact  can not be removed nozzles from the equipment, when delete nozzle also we delete for example tank, remove is working in AutoCAD PLANT 3D 2011, maybe it is some other way

Thank for you help 

Message 30 of 30
ybogdanov
in reply to: misiakpysiak

@misiakpysiak wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Some may have noticed the fact  can not be removed nozzles from the equipment, when delete nozzle also we delete for example tank, remove is working in AutoCAD PLANT 3D 2011, maybe it is some other way

Thank for you help 

To select Nozzle you need to press Ctrl and then select. Remember that the same method is used to select gaskets and bolt sets.

Yury Bogdanov
Barcelona (Spain)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost