AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D 2011 Parts Schedule

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tsaxy2k8
602 Views, 3 Replies

Plant 3D 2011 Parts Schedule

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to Plant 3D.  I've managed to design my whole piping scheme in this small building now I'd like to get a table in the model that lists all the parts and pieces used to do the piping design.  Is there a way in Plant 3D 2011 to do this?  If so how?  I know the data manager lists it all there but for the world of me I can not figure out how to get that info into the drawing.

Thanks,

Heidi B.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: tsaxy2k8

Heidi,

There is not specific feature in the product to do this. Others may have better ideas on how to do this, but what I would try is to export the list from Data Manager to Excel. Then, manipulate the Excel file as needed and then paste it onto the drawing.

We have some better BOM facilities in the pipeline for Plant 3D and P&ID. However we don't have immediate plans to have a feature to paste the report on the drawing. We expect that the AutoCAD Excel and table functionality is good enough. Would you agree? Do we need to provide additional table import or automation around putting tables on drawings?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
tsaxy2k8

Ok sorry it took a while to get back, I've been busy designing.  After 30 days here's what I think.  Yes there needs to be a way to import a Parts list in table format into a drawing that can be used.  I have to provide this for cities, counties and states not to mention contractors so they can properly bid the projects.  This table should do a sum of all features, so many LF of pipe along with type and size in inches, so many elbows, type, size and bend angle, so many flanges, type size, you get the jist I hope.  Also now that I've xrefed this drawing into a standard 2D drawing I am noticing that all the pipes have turned to a realistic solid, kinda like using a solid material.  The good thing is they retain the color of the layer that I placed them all so by layer coloring is working.  What i need is for one set to remain as such but for another set to be clear or unsolid.  I have to be able to control their black and white print so one looks like a contractor provides this set of pipes while my equipment supplier has agreed to supply this set.  This would be really helpful if I could do this.  Any thoughts on how to turn off the material on pipe or part so I can print it white with just the outline of the pipes and parts?

I'm attaching a PDF of what I get currently, even though I'm using 2 different colors, it didn't come out black and white but you'll get the idea.

Heidi B.

Message 4 of 4
tsaxy2k8

Never mind, figured it out, a view setting within the viewport was set to 3D not 2D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost