AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place custom olet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmccar
1193 Views, 3 Replies

Place custom olet

I have created a custom olet which has a compression fitting but when I try to place it on the pipe, it snaps to the second port (the fitting port) rather than the centre of the olet radius. It will not straddle the pipe but sits at 90° to it. How can I prevent this from happening?

Tom

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rchiasson
in reply to: tmccar

I a little confused on how your component is created. Is the compression fitting a seperate component from the olet? Or did you create a custom olet and it keeps placing at the end of the pipe?

I tried placing a stadard olet and couldn't get it to place any way but perpendicular to the pipe. I will have to try building one and seeing how it places when I get some time. Some pictures and a clearer idea of the process and steps of what you are doing would help.

Message 3 of 4
tmccar
in reply to: rchiasson

Yes, it's an assembly of a compression fitting and a section of pipe (see attached)

tp.PNG

Message 4 of 4
HUSSANHALABI
in reply to: tmccar

Hello,

I have made a custom olet,when i tried to place it,it stuck at the center of the pipe,

customolet.JPG

I have realized that an existing olet has an angle defintion as A

existingolet.JPG

How can defined it ?

thanks for your help

Hussan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost