AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping elements - Only after defining Line No.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Arun_Kumar_K
395 Views, 2 Replies

Piping elements - Only after defining Line No.

As Autocad allows the modelling of pipe line without line nos in Plant 3d space, my designers doing modelling most of the line without line no. and doing at the last. It makes to difficult at the day end, as I couldn't able to take a required isometric and check, also I dont't able to tract the line nos. they had completed. I am looking for an option like, model should be done only after defining Line No. Request from all users to provide a feeback about my option proposed, pls.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

I think that's up to managing your users.  Typically, I recommend having a printout of the P&ID and then highlighting what you've completed as your route it.  Once you finish the part, the checker gets the P&ID to go over.  At that stage, the checker should be verifying the line isos with a line number, or the pipe has to fix it.

Plant 3D isn't a piper management solution 🙂

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

I feel there shouldn't be any hole. Without a spec and line size, I can't route pipe, then the line no is assigned for any item getting placed in 3d(?-?.-spec-size), but this is not getting reflected in the list in production iso and the list below in route pipe. One can find the unassigned only in Data manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost