AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping and Xref Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
A_Wigle
913 Views, 4 Replies

Piping and Xref Issue

Good morning everyone, we just started a large piping job and I have an issue. For some background we have modeled our tanks/pumps in a equipment source file, which are then x'refd into an equipment layout. This is then combined with other structural files and combined into a general arrangement along with a piping file. The tanks come from the vendor with flanges pre-installed so I modelled flanges onto the tanks using P3D piping system to easily add some CS150 flanges. In the equipment layout file the equipment was converted and tagged as P3D equipment.

When I try to pipe in the piping file P3D does not regconize the flange that is in the equipment source file and shows up with that water drop symbol which represents a non connection. What it appears I have to do is model a flange that mates on the equipment flange, however it will show as a leak.

Does piping have to be done within the equipment layout as it seems or can we have seperate piping files? What is the best way to do this, It would be nice to have a seperate file for each piping system as there are many users on this project.

Many thanks,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: A_Wigle

I've seen several situations where the piping is actually connected through the xref, but the leak shows.  The best way to check is to run an iso.  If the line shows the equipment nozzle, it's connected.  In general I ignore "disconnects" between piping and equipment xrefs.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
A_Wigle
in reply to: dave.wolfe

The one issue is that when theres the BOM it includes the flange drawn on the equipment even though that is vendor supplied. Looks like it isn't fully xref friendly. Thanks, Alex
Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe

Did you use a nozzle or an actual flange?  If you use a flange, set it to existing in the properties.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
pumaad

is there a way to verify if your pipe is actually connected, without running the iso, like lets say in properties or data manager? then it makes the water droplet symbol unreliable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost