AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping UNNAMED UCS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
halitomi
614 Views, 3 Replies

Piping UNNAMED UCS

Hi!

When I would like to route a pipe which is not aligned to the WCS but rotated with some angles at every axis. Even though I create a fully aligned UCS the piping somehow creates an UNNAMED Coord. Sys. which is paralel to the WCS but its center is at the end of the pipe. 

Therefore my pipe won't follow my coordinate system which is rotated (maybe at all axises) but follows the default WCS. 

Is there a way around it?

Video of the problem: 

http://www.screenr.com/fONN

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi

I believe this is know problem with plant 3d which I have reported, the only way I think at the moment do route pipe easily is create a reference file and rotate everything to the WCS produce all the piping and then xref this into the original file and rotate the completed pipe assembly

David

Message 3 of 4
softwareA75QQ
in reply to: halitomi

nearly a decade later its not fixed, and makes the software completely useless.

Message 4 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: softwareA75QQ

@softwareA75QQ wrote:

nearly a decade later its not fixed, and makes the software completely useless.

Appears to work fine for me in 2023. Maybe you have a system variable preventing it from working as expected.

jabowabo_0-1685539643709.png

You can use Express Tools to export your variable settings to a text file. I'll compare them to mine to see if something is out of whack, if you like.

jabowabo_1-1685539748174.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost