AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe missing flanges in iso

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpeters
928 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe missing flanges in iso

In my Iso drawings I have FLxFL pipe & fittings.  The flanged ends of the fittings are showing up correctly but pipe is coming out with no flanges.  See attached screen shot.   From what I understand about the SKEY mapping file, the end connections drawn are based on the end connection codes (FL) of the part.  My mapping files points FL to the FittingFlange block.  Both my fitting and pipe use the FL code so shouldn't they both come out the same in iso... what am I missing?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: jpeters

You have to create your own symbol keys.

We have an article how to do that here:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2011/10/create-new-symbols-for-isometrics-in-autocad-plant-3d/

I ended up putting creating a PIFL key.  You can't use the PIPE type because the isometric program just draws lines.  You can use a different type like ELBOW.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
jpeters
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave,  Thanks (again!) for your reply. 

Let me make sure I have this straight:  When the system sees an Iso Symbol Type of PIPE it ignores the end types and doesn't use the mapped connection symbols.  So in the catalog/specs for flanged pipe you change the Iso Symbol Type to something else, say ELBOW.  Then you add an SKEY that maps to a symbol that is a straight line (to represent the pipe).  Because the Iso Symbol Type is not PIPE it looks for the end types and applies the appropriate symbols?

I've seen no documentation for Iso Symbol Types... Is there a list out there.  Or a file or dialog box that defines them?

Thanks!  -Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost