AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe end connection Deflection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nlarez
886 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe end connection Deflection

Hello All,

So, here is one hopefully someone out there has tried, besides me.

I would like to have "some" deflection on the connections between straight runs of pipe, and have it connected. I am not talking about mitered pipe, I am sure we all would like to know that, bent pipe, or cut-backs. I have a couple of solutions, but I am not really satisfied with any of them. I have tried looking through the system variables listed in the HELP, but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I also search here,but it doesn't look like anyone else has attempted this. Would like some help brainstorming on this one.

Here is the scenario,

Grooved end pipe with a flexible coupling. Sloping the run with out using a modified/custom fitting, just the coupling.

P.S.

Yes, I do have a way of adding multiple couplings (a "Clamp" type group) to a long run of straight pipe.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: nlarez

I was just wondering if you have found a solution to this issue, I'm facing the same issue currently. As well as, the issue of not being able to define my coupling locations.

Regards,

Rob

Message 3 of 4
nlarez
in reply to: 35927768

No, still have not found a suitable solution, and really have not had much time to look at this since my last post.

Sorry

Message 4 of 4
milan_blom
in reply to: nlarez

With regard to precision you can change pricision for connection types for both offset amount and angle edit the DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml

<Joints>

<Joint Name="Buttweld">

<AllowImperialMetric>false</AllowImperialMetric>

<OffsetTolerance>2</OffsetTolerance>

<SlopeTolerance>2</SlopeTolerance>

<FittingElements />

Change the red number to suit the pricison you want, you will need to change all the different join types you may want to have different amounts for different types of fixing (welded items may have larger amount of freedom compared to screwed.)

Hope this helps.

<http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Plant-3D-auto-routing-and-connecting-adjacent-ports-f...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost