AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe center line display in orthos.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2293 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe center line display in orthos.

How can I control the display of the pipe center lines in the ortho drawings?

I want to be able to control on/off and other properties of the display of the pipe and it's components.

Dan Darling

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
lopezjo
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not aware of a good way to do this. However, we are aware of the issue and are looking to provide a solution in a future version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I have a similar problem and was wondering if this has been ressolved yet?

Cheers

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

OK, I’m desperate to know if this issue is resolved yet.

I need to control on/off of piping centerline on ORTHO; color etc. properties. Pls, tell us something about it. I can’t find answer in any forum.

I’m just got training from Advanced Solutions, and real job is coming. What I will tell to my manager?

TinaB

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

This problem is not fixed in the 2011 release.

An even bigger problem is that the system cannot handle more that about 150 ortho drawings without slowing to a snails pace. We are doing a project that needs over 300 ortho drawings and we have had to break the project into two projects to be able to create and process the orthos. What happens is that with each additional ortho you create the time required for the system to save your new file gets longer until, after about 150 orthos, the system takes over a minute to savethe file. When we had 200+ orthos in the project, the save time for an ortho extended to over 6 minutes every time you open a file. This does not affect the opening/closing/saving of source files but does have a large impact on the time it takes to open the project.

Another quirk in the ortho system is that a 2d line that is part of a background (i.e. the architectural background) will not appear in the ortho output if the line extendes beyond the scope of your crop window (happens when the floor plate requires multiple ortho drawings to show the piping a the correct scale). Lines that are contained entirely within the scope of the ortho output do show.

Last, but not least, is the problem with the ortho output moving in paperspace when you update the ortho. This affects virtually everyone of the ortho files we have created. A lot of time is wasted having to move the output where is needs to be relative to annotation that has already been placed.

Orthos are a real mess and we can hope the process an responsiveness improves dramatically. The problems with Orthos is very intense and renders the product virtually useless in a large  project environment. Perhaps running the system with a sequel system base will help this. We are starting another project to test this.

Dan

Message 6 of 8
lopezjo

Please try the BETA of Plant 3D 2012 when it becomes available. I don't have dates but it will be not be long.

Control of centerlines and performance issues addressed. Of course performance is an area where we will continue making improvements but you should notice large improvements in this area.

Thanks

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: lopezjo

Had this issue been addressed on new version Autocad Plant 3D 2012. Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
Arch_art

Hi,

Have you been able to test this on 2012? Can 2012 handle 300+ drawings?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost