AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Support - Tagging Display for Isometric Drawings

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Roxana-Elena
4697 Views, 11 Replies

Pipe Support - Tagging Display for Isometric Drawings

Hello,

I have a problem: I can't display the tag for the pipe support on the Isometric drawing.

I have created the tag and annotation for the support as same as for the valves.

I can see the tag for the valve but I can not see the  tag for the pipe support.

After production of final isometric I can see  that pipe support was added to the BOM. If I click the pipe support I can see the tag information in the properties pallet exactly how I have created but  I don't understand why it is not displayed as for valves.

In project set up , for the pipe run component, the annotation is selected and for the pipe support as well.

Whenever I create Isometrics I have to add manually (AutoCAD) the tag for pipe support what is really time consuming :-(.

I cannot solve this problem.

I really need your support, please.

I'm sending you as an attachment the project set up for the pipe support  and valve tags and the final isometric.

Thank you very much.

Roxana
Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
chad70811
in reply to: Roxana-Elena

I am am experiencing the same problem in Plant3d 2012. Has anyone found a setting that will turn this tag on in the isoconfig.xml?

Message 3 of 12
neonade

Hi Roxana-Elena,

Could you open your Isogen foler and look for the .OPL file, edit it with notepad,

Go to Switch Number 64 and make the value under switch setting to 2. See if it works.

I dont know the case for 2012 version.

Regards

Message 4 of 12
ratti

Hi,

Although there is no UI to enable/disable tag annotations for Supports, you should be able to enable Tag annotation for Supports by modifying the isoconfig.xml.

Please do the following:

1. Go to the folder associated with the Iso style that you going to use. For example, for the style Check_ANSI-B in Project10, you would go to: \Project 10\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B

2. Open the IsoConfig.xml file in a text editor (or xml editor).

3. Add a new ComponentScheme entry for SupportTag. See the entry in green that I added below. Please make sure that the ComponentScheme is enabled, i.e., Enabled="true".

<ComponentScheme Name="Tag" AnnotationStyle="Rectangle"
Enabled="false" Grouping="true" Tag="XX"
Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always"
Filter="Valve" Fields="TAG" />

<ComponentScheme Name="SupportTag"
AnnotationStyle="Rectangle" Enabled="true"
Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal"
LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="Support"
Fields="TAG" />

<ComponentScheme Name="InstrumentTag"
AnnotationStyle="WipeCircle" Tag="XX"
Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always"
Filter="Instrument" Fields="TAG" />

4. Save the isoconfig.xml and then try generating the isometric drawings using this style.

With that, supports should have tag annotations showing up in the generated isometric drawings.

Please give that a try and let us know if it still does not work.

Thanks.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 12
Roxana-Elena
in reply to: neonade

Hi,

I thank you very much for your solution. It really worked. It is great.

Now I get the pipe support tags displayed 🙂

Roxana

Roxana
Message 6 of 12
Roxana-Elena
in reply to: ratti

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer but I can't find the file what is supposed to be modified.

I'm sending you as an attachment the exact files which I have in my project.

I'm looking forward to reading from you.

Roxana-Elena

Roxana
Message 7 of 12
ratti

Hi,

Please use the steps suggested by neonade. That solution is the correct one.

The solution that I suggested is for AutoCAD Plant3D 2012. I looked at the PDF you attached in your original post again and I see that you are on AutoCAD Plant3D 2011.

In case you move to AutoCAD Plant3D 2012 and you run into the same issue, please use the steps that I outlined.

Thanks.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 12
chad70811

Ratti,

The changes to the isoconfig.xml above worked for showing tags on supports in 2012. How would I you the isoconfig.xml to include elbows and tees to be tagged on isos? I tried the same basic format as above but I must not be using the correct filter.

Message 9 of 12
ratti

Hi,

You are right. You need to make sure that the correct filter is chosen. I would suggest that you create a new component scheme like:

<ComponentScheme Name="PipeBasedComponentTag" AnnotationStyle="Rectangle" Enabled="true" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="PipeBasedComponent" Fields="TAG" />

This will create tags for PipeBasedComponents such as Elbows, Tees and Crosses.

I am assuming that you have already assigned tags to your Elbows and Tees in the Plant 3D model. If so, using the above component scheme will show the tag annotations for tees and elbows in the isometric drawings. Also, please note that you can modify the annotation style to Standard if you don't need the rectangular box.

HTH.

Ratti.

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 12
chad70811

Thanks Ratti works great..

Message 11 of 12
Evalis

We have the same problem, in Version Plant 3D 2013. The Isogen folder doesn´t exist.

Anyone know the way to resolve like in 2011 version.

Message 12 of 12
dpreezm

Hi Ratti,

I'm trying to get this to work for spectacle blinds.... No success

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost