AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path setting for LDS files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dennis
1103 Views, 4 Replies

Path setting for LDS files

One user in a group of 3 edit Specs. 

Two users are having no problem with Specs and LDS files on a network shared drive of the Content folder. 

One user gets the error msg, "Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\...\...\...\SpecEditor\LDStyles\XX1.lds'.  However, when we check in the Spec editor the Tools\Modify Shared Content folder, it is pointing to the network share folder.

Where is the setting coming from?  Is it buried in the spec somewhere?  Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Been digging on this and I now have a more refined question.

In the HELP, various references to the LDStyles being stored down the Content folder path, yet I keep finding mine going to the C:\ProgramData folder path.  Even when I have the Content assigned to network folder, the LDStyles stays on the local harddrive.

So is the HELP misleading me or is there a setting I am missing?

Message 3 of 5
TRdesigner82
in reply to: dennis

Did you ever figure out if there was a place to store the LDStyles on a network location?
Message 4 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Answered here.

Message 5 of 5
TRdesigner82
in reply to: jabowabo

Can we do the same thing for P&ID Object Mapping to the P3dEnumeration.xml? It's set to the C drive as well but we'd like it to be on the network.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost