AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Path setting for LDS files

163 Views, 1 Replies
05-02-2012 06:51 AM

One user in a group of 3 edit Specs. 

Two users are having no problem with Specs and LDS files on a network shared drive of the Content folder. 

One user gets the error msg, "Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\...\...\...\SpecEditor\LDStyles\XX1.lds'.  However, when we check in the Spec editor the Tools\Modify Shared Content folder, it is pointing to the network share folder.

Where is the setting coming from?  Is it buried in the spec somewhere?  Any ideas? 

Valued Mentor
dennis
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Path setting for LDS files

05-03-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: dennis

Been digging on this and I now have a more refined question.

In the HELP, various references to the LDStyles being stored down the Content folder path, yet I keep finding mine going to the C:\ProgramData folder path.  Even when I have the Content assigned to network folder, the LDStyles stays on the local harddrive.

So is the HELP misleading me or is there a setting I am missing?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.