AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLANTXDBMANAGER external DB connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gri4775
599 Views, 2 Replies

PLANTXDBMANAGER external DB connection

I will connect to a external MS Access 2010 DB.

In the old workflow to connect external DB to Plant3D or P&ID there is a SQL DB Provider called

Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine.

See in the link below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21167536&linkID=11705365

But now there is no Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine Provider, as you can see in the picture attached.

What can I do? Is there an other workaround?

Please help me!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
milan_blom
in reply to: gri4775

I ran into this problem also. You are probably using the 64-bit Plant3D software in conjunction with 32-bit MS Office, right?

Plant3D expects 64-bit database drivers, but Office only has the 32-bit drivers installed. A solution could be to use 64-bit Office, but this could cause other compatibility issues with software that needs te 32-bit drivers.

Unfortunately it seems not te be possible to have the 64-bit drivers installed when 32-bit Office is present. On the web there are several worarounds presented, but none of them seem to completely fix te problem, without causing some other problem.

There is one possibility, but it involves using MS SQL Server (Exporess). For me, far to much IT involvement needed,

This is a Microsoft issue, other 64-bit software has the same problem.

I would also like to have a definitive solution.

Message 3 of 3
gri4775
in reply to: gri4775

Thanks for your answer.

I work with Plant 3D 64bit and MS Office 2010 32bit.

Best regards Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost