I've encountered a serious issue regarding ORTHO drawings. Some time ago I created ortho drawings and after that I tried to update those drawings and I found that many views just disappeared. When I try to update any view or do anything related to PLANT 3D ORTHO commands there is an information that selected viewport is not a ortho viewport. (see attachment). Did anyone meet such issue?
I use autocad PLANT 3D 2014 with extension. The project we are working on was started on 2013 version then migrated to 2014.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have had the same issue, but I don't remember exactly what was the cause...
1) Very possible that some information, in that case the "connection" between 3D model and ortho view, is lost during migration process.
2) Any chance that you have "manually" modified to ortho view: rotated, exploded the block in Model space or something like that? That also destroys the "connection".
3) Maybe you have changed the name of the ortho dwg file or moved it to another location?
...anyway what I do remember is that I had to create new ortho views, I did not manage to bring the existing ortho dwg to life...
As far as I know the only 2 thinks I made is:
- deleting polyline which is created together with viewport
- changing the layer of a viewport from 0 to AM_VIEWS (in order to hide visibility of the viewport during printing)
Maybe this is the reason why viewports are missing but I didn't make any modification in model space.
Could this be the issue where the Ortho directories got messed up with the migration?
The folders in the Orthos folder should be like this:
The incorrect folders for the Ortho drawings as EricNyh says could be the cause of this issue.
If the paths to the ortho drawings is incorrect could you update them and retest?
According to what you wrote above we have correct paths of the catalogs structure. So still we are looking for reason why viewports disappear.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register