AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D2014 Options to save to 2010

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dennis
455 Views, 4 Replies

P3D2014 Options to save to 2010

I have run some preliminary tests and it "seems" to be working....surprisingly.  I have a client that needs the DWGs from Plant2014 to be saved to 2012 format.  We changed the OPTIONS Open/Save to default to 2010 (for the support of 2012).  I have created a P&ID, used the P&ID line list in 3D.  Saved the 3D and created an Ortho.  Then closed, reopened, update the P&ID, used LineList again to update the 3D and updated the Ortho.  It all seems to be working just fine.  So, checking to see if anyone else has done this and found any "gotchas".

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: dennis

Be careful to differentiate between DWG version format and vertical content (Plant3D) version format.  You can save a drawing down to 2010 DWG format, but the vertical content inside is still Plant3D 2014 format.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dgorsman

I think I understand your "warning" dgorsman, but just to be sure.  Are you talking about maybe getting "proxy objects" references when the dwg is actually opened in, let's say, vanilla autocad 2012?  If so, so far, that isn't causing any problems in our tests.  It does give the msg about "proxy" but all appears fine.  If i am missing your point, could you outline a test that would qualify whay you are talking about and then we can test it.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

Thats pretty much it.  When the client asks for 2012 format, its important to know if they are referring to vanilla AutoCAD or if they expect to use Plant3D 2012 or other vertical to continue work.  Its also important the client understands the difference as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
tnka

Hi

I have a similar problem. Exporting a Plant 3D model from 2014 to 2010 format by using ExportToAutocad and setting 2010 format in the dialog box will not convert the model to 2010. When trying to open the model in Autocad 2012 will just return the the message: "The drawing is created in a newer version of Autocad" If I open the converted drawing in 2014 and make a manual "save as" to 2010 everything works fine. Does anyone know why there is a difference by doing a manual "save as"  and selecting formats in the "ExportToAutocad" dialog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost