AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2015 Service Pack or Extension Wishlist

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dennis
1014 Views, 4 Replies

P3D 2015 Service Pack or Extension Wishlist

Ok, not to be totally negative, here are a couple things I saw and was glad to see.  

1) 2015 fixed the Ortho folder creation problem when using a project template.  Kudos

2) Now when I change in properties the Part Type of tank or vessel (in the 3D model), it doesn't only allow me to use the Tank_Type list, and when i type in something such as Bulk Storage Tank, and then edit a nozzle, it doesn't go back to the original setting.  Kudos

Now for what I would like to see fixed:

1) Off Page Connector: while I do like the interface for the OPC, I would like to have more capability to pass data from one connector to another.  Such as the From/To and Connector Number.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dennis

Good for the new features.

For Service Pack and Extension Wishlist I would like to add here the imperative features required other than the above.

1. Centre line display of Structural member in Ortho view.

2. User should able to define their custom size of member, this is applicable for built-up section. Also, the structural.acat should be a editable for users for customisation to their own standard.

3. Grid display in Isometric.

4. User should have a provision in Isometric generation for combining two to three line nos, those line nos. to be displayed in Isometric also correspoing to the line. Presently through Quick Iso only it is possible, there are many difference in the generation view through Production Iso and Quick ISO of a same line.

5. Motor operated Hand valves graphical symbol in P&ID. Presently control valves only is coming with operators. The normal valve also shall be a motor operated.

6. Atlast, Spec driven P&ID, I am keep on insisting because this will solve many issues and will make the product a more attractive one in market.

Message 3 of 5
sharonleong8985

Has anyone look at Cadworx 2014. It almost looks like Plant 3D. And it can convert Plant 3D specs but we cant/

Most of the great feature of Plant 3D is in Cadworx.

Why cant Plant 3D take some great features of theirs.

Is anyone from Autodesk looking into competitor softwares? I'm not asking Plant 3d to copy but improvise from there. 

Pls AUTODESK, help us to convince more people with Plant 3D. 

My wishlist.

1. Make Plant 3D performance better. I can build plant with Plant 3d but the time spend on orbiting the plant is more than routing the pipe.

2. Pls make iso generateable with no issue. Most of the customers complaint to me about the iso issues. IF they build up 500 lines, they will have 20 lines with iso issues. Each lines has to be rerouted to generate the isos. THe software cant pinpoint where the problems lies. if they can produce 480 good lines iso what happened to the 20 lines. AND they go back to manual editing of the lines. Plant 3d suppose to help them to create quicker iso.

Pls solve the basic problems first before creating fancy tools that they may not even need. Why we need PLANT 3D => To create piping iso.

Lastly, dont make wishlist to become just a dreamlist. 

Every new version, alot of people has high expectations on it. Dont let us down.

Message 4 of 5

Creating a new customer is not easy to Autodesk, unless they keep more good features equivalent to their competitors software.

It is very difficult for your sales team to rock with the present feature of Plant3d, especially Isometric engine and stress analysis link, spec driven P&ID will let them down.

If Autodesk keep all the good features of CADWORX, CADISON and Auto Plant and I am sure all the customers of the above will migrate to Plant3d, because Autocad and Plant3d are product of Autodesk.

As mentioned by Sharon, we have more expections on the new release, please don't let us down.

Sales is directly proportional to features of the product not cost.

Why I am dragging sales here is, Autodesk developing their softwares according to the sales of the product. This year Revit has seen 23 improvements, because Revit doing good for them. Here only 3 features. Please understand Revit is a developed software, thats why the market share is high. Improve Plant3d equivalent to that, I am sure Autodesk can shine in this area too.

Message 5 of 5
dennis

Per Martin_Stewart, indeed an excellent suggestion: 

Great suggestions such as this can also be made here at this link:  Feedback-Products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost