AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2015 BOM - part has no graphic representation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Attila.Vallyon
483 Views, 4 Replies

P3D 2015 BOM - part has no graphic representation

Hi!

When I want to place an item number from a BOM list on an ortho view, it says:

part has no graphic representation

Than I can not put down the BOM annotation, because the part is not visible on the view.

It is strange, because I can make BOM annotation for the gaskets and they are not visible either.

Can you make a hotfix for this problem?

I want to place BOM annotation for a non visible parts too.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I'm having the same problem!

(Select BOM data row or entire table [Table]:
Part has no graphic representation in ortho view.)

with my ortho view, the BOM annotations for my gaskets and fasteners cannot be placed unless in elevation, or plan view unfortunately. 

Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 5
in reply to: taylorjohnwebb

Did they write a fix for this? Can't seem to find any related fixes...

Message 4 of 5

did you find any solution?

Message 5 of 5
davidcn
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

Almost a decade later and this is still and issue in P3D 2023. Except I'm also having it with parts that clearly have graphic representation in the ortho view I'm selecting to place the BOM annotation. I'm looking at a clear view of this pipe in this ortho and I get this error. Deleted the ortho drawing multiple times and started over. Didn't work. Audited the project and redid the drawing again. Same thing. In my screen shot you can clearly see the 1/2" pipe in the top and side views. It will snap to the top view on this particular part but I get an error trying to select the side view where you can clearly see the same part. I get this error with other parts where I can't select any views and the view that it tries to default to is even rejected by this error so I don't even get the option to select another view because the command is terminated. Really disappointing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost