AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2014 Ortho Generation Settings - Lost..?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
EricNyh
2984 Views, 5 Replies

P3D 2014 Ortho Generation Settings - Lost..?

For some reason, I've lost the settings, and the ability to change the settings, for the Ortho generation.  See attached picture.  This seems to be only on my current project.  If I create a project from the P3D default, the settings are available. 

The project I'm working on was migrated from our 2013 company standards.

Any help to get these settings back would be appreciated.

Eric

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
EricNyh
in reply to: EricNyh

By the way, our migrated company standards show the Ortho Generation Settings.

Message 3 of 6
EricNyh

Some more information.

Just tried creating a new project from my 'working' company standard, using the "Copy settings from existing project" option.  When the process finished, the Ortho settings are not working on the copy as shown in the top picture. 

Message 4 of 6
EricNyh

Ok, I think I've solved my own problem.

What I believe is happening is that when I chose, "Copy settings from an existing project" the process is not making the folder structure under "\Orthos\" correctly.  Under the Orthos folder, there should be a folder called "DWGs", "Orthocube Library", & "Styles".

What's happening is that the copy process makes a folder called "\Orthos\DWGs" and then places "DWGs", "Orthocube Library" and "Styles" underneith.

Moving Orthocube Library and Styles up a level fixes it.

Message 5 of 6
Attila.Vallyon

Correct!

I had the some problem, and moving the "Orthocube Library" and "Styles" folders out from the "DWG" folder solved the problem.

I am not sure why his happens always when I create a new project.

Can be a bug.

Hope we will have a hotfix for that in the future.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 6 of 6
tylerkerr

That solved my issue on getting the ortho views to show up.  It still won't let me BOM Annotation now.  When I click BOM Annotation, I get the error " Project has no BOM annotations defined"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost