AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2013 pipe bend

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Attila.Vallyon
512 Views, 0 Replies

P3D 2013 pipe bend

Hello!

I want to set up a bent pipe segment. The new feature "pipe bend" is good but does not solve my problem completely.

In a bent pipe there is no buttweld at the end of the bends and there should be an overall length for the whole segment.

The purpose of the pipe bent (for the smaller sizes usually) is to bent the pipe without having a separate elbows and buttwelds.

Right now the software generate a pipe bend and I can edit manually the parameters of the geometry. But that is still a separate element with buttweld on both ends.

But if there is no way to create this bent pipe I have to work with this parametric pipe bend.

And I have some questions about it:

Is there a way to collect the separate cut length of the straight pipe and pipe bends in a txt file?

How can I change the isometric symbol of the pipe bend?

Is the generated pipe bend in a catalog anyway? Or is it a custom generated element? I want to set up the default values of the pipe bend (radius, straight length at the ends).

Is there a way to remove the buttwelds at the end of the bends? To insert this bend without buttwelds?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost