AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2012: Isometric SkewDimAngularStyle precision & Dimension to Flow Arrow

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SCaddy
1871 Views, 9 Replies

P3D 2012: Isometric SkewDimAngularStyle precision & Dimension to Flow Arrow

Hi All,

I tried modifying the Iso Theme dimstyle without success, regarding the first issue - to increase the precision to two decimal places before the HAngleSuffix and the VAngleSuffix.

Also how to turn off the dimension to the Flow Arrow?

TIA

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
SCaddy
in reply to: SCaddy

Another add-on.

Cutback Elbow.

While it is possible to have the cutback angle listed in the BOM, it is possible to have it on the ISO as well? Like in the previous version ie Isogen generated ones. It would help facilitate manual checking.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
SCaddy

Further attempts:

I could not turn off dimension to the flow arrow by applying "false" to the IsoMessage of DimensionType > AnchorPoints.

Any suggestion?

See images:

Message 4 of 10
karthik.nathan

Hi,

1) Unfortunately skew angle dimensions are always rounded to the nearest whole number. Precision settings for regular/linear dimensions are dictated by the DIMSTYLE in the template files (Iso.dwt & IsoMetric.dwt). If precision settings for angle dimensions are also critical to be modified, then we can prioritize making this change for the next release.

2) For flow arrow dimensions, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Flow arrows by default are not and should not be dimensioned (This is not controlled by the IsoMessage dimension rule in IsoConfig.xml). If possible, can you generate and attach a sample pcf where you seeing this issue. That will help me investigate further. Thanks.

3) As for Cutback elbow angle annotation, it is possible. These are the changes you will need to make to the IsoConfig.xml

In the Themes->Default Theme->Annotations->AnnotationSchemes section, add the following line ...

<ComponentScheme Name="CutbackElbow" AnnotationStyle="Standard" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Global="true" Filter="CutbackElbow" Fields="ANGLE" Format="ANGLE {0}" />

Then, in the Filters section, add the following line ...

<Filter Name="CutbackElbow" Value="Type='Elbow' AND NOT (ANGLE IS NULL)" />

Hope this helps.

-Karthik

Message 5 of 10
SCaddy
in reply to: karthik.nathan

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for response.

1) Having more precision would complement and facilitate the checking of the listing of the cutback elbow angles and the triangulation dimensions. Thanks.

2) Somehow IsoMessage switch is the only one that appear in the IsoConfig.xml file and the Getting Started Isometric Video by Ian Matthew have the dimension shown, even though the checkbox is not selected. See attached image showing dimension to paintcode IsoMessage.

3) While I still do not have the opportunity to try out your solultion to the angle annotation, it is good to know at this trial stage that is is possible to do so. The help file on the IsoConfig.xml is rather sparse, is there more info elsewhere on the parameters you have shown?

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Has there been any development that allows setting of precision on skew angles in  isometrics since your posting in 2011?

Message 7 of 10
witzkerm
in reply to: karthik.nathan

I am also interested in seeing more percision on skew angle dimensions. We have a client which requires a slope of 1/4" per 10 feet slope. This get rounded down to zero in most of the the avaible formats  or rounds down to a value which is not accecpible to the customer.

Please consider adding some control for this with future releases. Adding a field to enter the denominator of the slope to give more control would be a great help.

Message 8 of 10
jorge.garza
in reply to: witzkerm

Did you ever get a solution to accomplish the slope of 1/4" per 10 feet slope? I have a client that requires that same results.
Message 9 of 10
witzkerm
in reply to: jorge.garza

Do I have not been able to this to be correct right out of the model. The closest we came is using the ratio but sometimes the client asks us to modify the isometric after extracted to show the correct format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown. It contains information that is confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination, or use of this transmission or its contents by persons or unauthorized employees of the intended organizations is strictly prohibited.
The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or policies of Middough.
Message 10 of 10
jorge.garza
in reply to: witzkerm

Thanks I just opened a case with support on this because I could not find anything also. This is one of our clients requirements also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost