AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3D 2012 Isometric Dimension Units

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Rcfuss
960 Views, 6 Replies

P3D 2012 Isometric Dimension Units

I am having an Isue when I run an Isometric in 2012.  My units are setup for feet and inches, but anything under 2'-0" reads out in inches.  That is okay for anything from 0" to 12" but I do not want to see 15" I want to see 1'-3".  Anybody have a clue what setting that is? 

If I uncheck the "0 Feet" suppression, anything in between 1' and 2' will turn the inches into feet.  So 15 inches will become 15feet.

See attached for example of the iso and for how my units are currently set in the iso.dwt.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
thebearjed
in reply to: Rcfuss

I have the same issue. anything 12" and up should change over to feet and inches (1'-0"). any solutions???

Message 3 of 7
Rcfuss
in reply to: thebearjed

Usually someone would have replied back by now but I haven't seen any responses to this.  I am starting to wonder if there might be something more than an easy fix.

Message 4 of 7
thebearjed

i have posted quite a few questions and its pretty much hit and miss with getting answers, espically in a timely manner. 

Message 5 of 7
karthik.nathan

Hi,

If you open up the IsoConfig.xml file that is being used to generate your isos, and search for 'ImperialDimensionInchCutoff', the default value for that is 24. This specifies the value, in inches, including and below which will be displayed in inches. Changing this value to 12 should dimension anything bigger than 1 foot in feet and inches.

Unfortunately, this setting is not exposed in the UI. Hope this helps.

-karthik

Message 6 of 7
jenakap1

Autodesk was closed last week for our annual week of rest.  So, responses may have been slow during that period.  Thanks.

-
Pat Jenakanandhini
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Message 7 of 7
Rcfuss
in reply to: karthik.nathan

Thank you for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost